Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Touch screens in cars should be illegal

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Touch screens in cars should be illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Personally, I believe touch screens should be illegal in vehicles.
    OMG yes, finally someone else that agrees with me. Buttons for the win!

Anyone know offhand how to transfer a warranty, I looked on Mitsubishis website but didn't see anything. Asking since I should get my ECU reprogrammed. Or can I even transfer after already owning for 10 months?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MacClyver For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-24-2020),Mirageman38 (03-25-2020),poorman1 (03-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Touch screens in cars should be illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Personally, I believe touch screens should be illegal in vehicles.
    OMG yes, finally someone else that agrees with me. Buttons for the win!

Anyone know offhand how to transfer a warranty, I looked on Mitsubishis website but didn't see anything. Asking since I should get my ECU reprogrammed. Or can I even transfer after already owning for 10 months?

Personally, I believe touch screens should be illegal in vehicles. There's no way anyone can operate a touch screen without taking your eyes off the road. I don't have a problem with back up cameras, but touch screens don't belong on the dash of a car.
    Agreed. It's a stupid, stupid fad. A reckoning is coming:

Apple CarPlay, Android Auto slow driver response worse than drugs: study

Interacting with in-vehicle infotainment systems reduces driver reactions times more than alcohol or marijuana do, the study shows
    https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/ap...an-drugs-study

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Personally, I believe touch screens should be illegal in vehicles. There's no way anyone can operate a touch screen without taking your eyes off the road. I don't have a problem with back up cameras, but touch screens don't belong on the dash of a car.
    Agreed. It's a stupid, stupid fad. A reckoning is coming:

Apple CarPlay, Android Auto slow driver response worse than drugs: study

Interacting with in-vehicle infotainment systems reduces driver reactions times more than alcohol or marijuana do, the study shows
    https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/ap...an-drugs-study

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Agreed. It's a stupid, stupid fad.
    I agree to the agreeing. When my mom got her 2015 Corolla a few years ago I did the shopping for her and wanted her to have a car with that fancy touch display and rear camera. I wish I never would have picked out that car for her. It is too much of a hassle to tray and use the radio while driving, and honestly I don't feel safe using the thing.

Next car I get, or her, I guarantee you it won't have a touch display. Its just too dangerous.

EDIT: The rest of the car is well built and solid. Its just the touch screen that I have a problem with. Playing with a computer while driving is dangerous!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Agreed. It's a stupid, stupid fad.
    I agree to the agreeing. When my mom got her 2015 Corolla a few years ago I did the shopping for her and wanted her to have a car with that fancy touch display and rear camera. I wish I never would have picked out that car for her. It is too much of a hassle to tray and use the radio while driving, and honestly I don't feel safe using the thing.

Next car I get, or her, I guarantee you it won't have a touch display. Its just too dangerous.

EDIT: The rest of the car is well built and solid. Its just the touch screen that I have a problem with. Playing with a computer while driving is dangerous!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I just don't like the touch-screens because automakers keep pushing more functions into them. Heating and AC, audio controls, heated seats, backup camera, navigation, etc...all being controlled by a single (and frigging expensive) touch-screen device. What could go wrong?

If Mitsubishi wants $1,000 for the automatic climate control head in a Mirage, what would they charge for a replacement touch-screen?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I just don't like the touch-screens because automakers keep pushing more functions into them. Heating and AC, audio controls, heated seats, backup camera, navigation, etc...all being controlled by a single (and frigging expensive) touch-screen device. What could go wrong?

If Mitsubishi wants $1,000 for the automatic climate control head in a Mirage, what would they charge for a replacement touch-screen?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Stupid touch screens. I'm with you guys, I prefer knobs and buttons for radio and temp controls.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I expect the solution/next step will be voice commands.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)