Thread: 2020 Versa SR

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2020 Versa SR

Drove the new Versa SR today, with the convenience package which has heated seats and adaptive cruise control. It's unreal what has been done with it. The one I drove was Monarch Orange, a beautiful color. I love the new look, inside and out. And the amount of safety tech is crazy for this price point. $20k fully loaded, but I've find them as low at $17k in my area. I like the size, the little bit of added power too. Adaptive cruise worked great. My G4 felt...old lol when I got back in. I love my G4, but I think I'm gonna keep an eye on deals for a Monarch SR w/that convenience pkg and make the switch at some point. I also got to ride in, but not drive the 5 spd version, which seemed like it was really fun to drive!

Attached Images Attached Images     

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Less rear leg room in the Versa, but definitely nicer. I wouldnt go with the auto version either, it uses the same JATCO CVT7 unit as the Mirage and we all know these little cvts only hold up well with low torque unless Nissan has somehow magically turned around their abysmal Xtronic cvt programming? 5 speed Versa sounds fantastic though, but at $17 to $21k its in another class segment, a compact vs a subcompact. Unless the G4 is considered a compact? Id drive either gladly, but can only afford the Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    It looks like the Sentra offers a manual transmission in its base model only (where have I heard that before? ). Every other trim level mandates a CVT. If you buy a Nissan with a CVT, I'd be nervous because they only come with a 6/60 powertrain warranty. Their latest CVT may be a newer design, but Nissan has a credibility problem when it comes to CVT transmissions.

Nissan CVT Problems

With that being said, the Versa definitely looks a ton better than a G4.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I sat in one at the Portland Auto Show and I was quite impressed.

The Versa sedan used to be the cheapest MSRP new vehicle in the States... but no longer since the new model came out. Of course, it's head & shoulders above the previous version.

It's based on the new Euro Micra architecture. North American ones are built in Mexico (Aguascalientes).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    The Versa sedan used to be the cheapest MSRP new vehicle in the States... but no longer since the new model came out. Of course, it's head & shoulders above the previous version.

It's based on the new Euro Micra architecture. North American ones are built in Mexico (Aguascalientes).
    For someone who has zero interest in sedans, I would have offered an entry level hatchback rather than having two somewhat similar sedans (Versa & Sentra) in their line up. Since other companies are dropping their sedans, maybe Nissan is counting on the Versa, Sentra, Altima, & Maxima sedans not having much competition?

Regardless of the discount, I wouldn't buy a Nissan product with a CVT.