Thread: Made a mount for my Pioneer microphone.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Made a mount for my Pioneer microphone.

Last summer I replaced the factory deck with an aftermarket touch screen pioneer deck. I even tried to make the factory hands free microphone to work with no success. I then mounted the pioneer unit by sticking it to the roof of the car behind the factory microphone opening. This transfers a lot of road noise into the mic so phone calls are pretty useless at highway speeds. I'm hoping this helps.

Name:  20200325_150427.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  88.7 KB

'17 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L ES Plus 5MT
    '94 Ford Ranger 5.0 Turbo 3 Speed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pimp_Daddy_Patty For This Useful Post:

Nobu (03-25-2020)

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For isolation, you might try using a foam or rubber adhesive (something with thickness to it) to mechanically separate it from the body. You could also redesign your 3D printed part a little smaller and slip something soft between it and the grey plastic cover (those silicone anti-slip mats come to mind) so it's "floating" inside the space (so vibrations don't transfer through to the mic).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)