Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forget Password and Registration.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Forget Password and Registration.

Hi there. For the forum admin please move my thread if this is in the wrong thread.

Anyways, i just wanna say that i've been referring to some mirage users to register in this forum to get ideas or help with their mirages, unfortunately some send me a response that thay cant register because of the Random Questions they get same goes with the password reset option coz my fb mirage friend cant reset his pass because e cant answer the Random Question.

Hope rhe questions can be a bit easier to answer for others who knows not much with parts or engines etc.

Hope this feedback from them helps.

Name:  20200327_042506.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  97.3 KB

Last edited by mitsumi; 03-26-2020 at 08:26 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

It's been a while since I signed up. I thought the only question was where is the Mirage built? I see how that'd screw you guys up. Just use Thailand for the answer.

EDIT:
    Nevermind it's changed since I signed up. Just looked and it asked what the most common engine displacement is for a Mirage....I can't imagine this is common knowledge unless you live on this forum.
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-26-2020 at 10:08 PM. Reason: alskdjflaskjdlfk ajlkjasldjf alsdnfa,.msndfa,.smdfn.am va

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    yep that was the question i think my friend told me an said he tried searching unfortunately he couldnt get the answer and was not able to reset his password.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I've read the guy tried all passwords he can think of but failed. Maybe the web maintainer can shed some light onto this.

Name:  MirageForum request reset form.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  33.8 KB

Simple as it seems but is it

1.2L
    1.2 L
    1.2-L
    1.2 Liters
    1193 cc

well, I don't know too what the correct answer is.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (03-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    How about 73.2 cubic inches of raw fury!
    Last edited by inuvik; 03-27-2020 at 05:24 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (11-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Iirc I used 1.2l when I registered. I searched a bit, and after looking at a few of the years' engines on wikip, I took a chance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobu For This Useful Post:

clover1680 (09-19-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    So here's the problem. Not long ago, we had a spammer who seemed to automate the sign-up and posting processes and began making A Lot of spam posts. The question was changed, and that stopped the spammer. There might be a few forum members who remember that day.

It's a simple question with a simple answer directly related to the Mirage that any owner ought to know without looking it up. While I can't speak for the site admins, I personally think the question is a good thing. The last thing I would suggest is getting rid of it, and I wouldn't want it made any simpler.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (04-03-2020)

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well, look at that... I got it right on the first try. 1.2L.....Aparently you can't use "your mom" as a referral :/ Feel free to delete this account.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fartbreathpoohsniffer View Post
    ... I got it right on the first try. 1.2L.....
    advised the guy .. and just got a word .. IT WORKED!! Let's wait for his post.
    Name:  MiragForumAdvuse.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  38.9 KB

The problem w/ password hint is even though you know it but you do not know the correct syntax, it simply will not work.

This is aggravated if you work in an office where you keep an array of applications requiring you to change passwords on a monthly basis. Add to that your web mail accounts, forums, etc.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Hello.
    I just registered in this forum and this is my first reply to a post.
    I can say that the answer of the question is depends on what era and place.
    I only able to find the answer after literally searching the question to this forum itself, and find this post

Previously, I answered 1.5L, because in my country, the most common car is either 1.5L or 1.0L. We have 1.2L, but not much.
    When I googling it, the answer is 2.0L!

I think it is outdated way to clarify if the user is human or robot.
    We have Google ReCaptcha which is free and very easy to implement. (BTW, I'm a programmer)

I suggest that the admin can replace the question to a Captcha. If it is not possible, then at least change the question to more common knowledge that not depends on country/place.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fari Fairis For This Useful Post:

clover1680 (09-19-2023)