Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Coolant Temperature!! (Is there a way to display it?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . Both cars are manuals. I can't stand cvts. In fact all of the cars that I have owned as my own have been manuals and they have all been 5 speeds. 47 years of owning manuals. LOL! Lots of fun. I owned a couple of Mazdas that had automatics in them but they were cars to fix and then to sell. They weren't daily drivers. I talked to the Mitsubishi Regional Representative today. I told him about the wreck and I also suggested that Mitsubishi come out with a Turbo kit and that they offer a six speed manual. Does anyone else use a USB drive with their radio?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Mark,
    . . . . Both cars are manuals. I can't stand cvts. In fact all of the cars that I have owned as my own have been manuals and they have all been 5 speeds. 47 years of owning manuals. LOL! Lots of fun. I owned a couple of Mazdas that had automatics in them but they were cars to fix and then to sell. They weren't daily drivers. I talked to the Mitsubishi Regional Representative today. I told him about the wreck and I also suggested that Mitsubishi come out with a Turbo kit and that they offer a six speed manual. Does anyone else use a USB drive with their radio?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    I only own/buy manuals myself. According to the current trends in the auto market, it's getting harder & harder to find them. White Bear is good about carrying a good selection of Mirage & G4 ES manuals. Not all dealerships do that.

As you already know, I have downloaded CDs on a USB flash drive. I like not having to lug all my CDs around. Plus, the CDs aren't getting abused in the car this way. I haven't heard of others talk about this much. Most of the younger crowd probably plays music through their cell phones, but I am like you. I have a number of CDs that I still like listening to at times. Downloading them on a single flash drive has worked well for me. I still have a number of CDs to add to my flash drive some day in the future, too.

I don't see the need for turbo kit, but I wouldn't mind a slightly taller 5th gear. I've said this before, but I've owned 3 vehicles with less hp than a Mirage. I don't find it that underpowered, but it's usually just me in the car, too.

I value the mpg over hp. I'd probably buy the 1.0 L Mirage if it was offered here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . Yes, they are but you can still get them in a lot of cars if you ask. The DCTs are really nice and if I owned a car that I took to the track I would go with a DCT. No human can shift as fast as a DCT. I would like a little extra power. Also a Six Speed trans would be a closer ratio box. There is too much gap between 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. When you shift you are out of the power band.
    . . . . Switching CDs especially at night is a pretty good distraction. Hard to find the case and then the disc. The USB drive makes it easy and you aren't distracted while changing CDs. My radio has a software bug. It doesn't pick up the megadata for the first track on every album. On some albums it doesn't pick up the megadata until the 4th, 5th, or even 6th track. Has this happened to you or anyone else?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Mark,
    . . . Yes, they are but you can still get them in a lot of cars if you ask. The DCTs are really nice and if I owned a car that I took to the track I would go with a DCT. No human can shift as fast as a DCT. I would like a little extra power. Also a Six Speed trans would be a closer ratio box. There is too much gap between 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. When you shift you are out of the power band.
    . . . . Switching CDs especially at night is a pretty good distraction. Hard to find the case and then the disc. The USB drive makes it easy and you aren't distracted while changing CDs. My radio has a software bug. It doesn't pick up the megadata for the first track on every album. On some albums it doesn't pick up the megadata until the 4th, 5th, or even 6th track. Has this happened to you or anyone else?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    You may not get a lot of response on the USD drive issue here, because this a thread on "engine coolant temperatures". You may want to start a new thread concerning that question. I have the old style radio without the screen on my 2017 Mirage. Screens became standard in 2018 along with backup cameras becoming mandatory.

If someone wanted a car with a turbo and a 6 speed they could just buy one. Adding those things to the Mirage would jack the price and make it everything most people on this forum don't want. The reason myself and a lot of people buy a Mirage isn't because they have to but cause they want to. Simple, cheap to buy, maintain and drive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I want a seven-speed and a turbocharger for each cylinder.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    If someone wanted a car with a turbo and a 6 speed they could just buy one. Adding those things to the Mirage would jack the price and make it everything most people on this forum don't want. The reason myself and a lot of people buy a Mirage isn't because they have to but cause they want to. Simple, cheap to buy, maintain and drive.
    Well said Fummins!

I could have bought a Honda Fit (130 hp non-turbo with a 6-speed manual), but my Mirage does everything I would want a Honda Fit to do. Plus, my Mirage was cheaper (I didn't see any new Honda Fits selling for under $10,000 in 2017), & my Mirage is more economical. The Honda Fit is a nice small car, but I wanted something that was affordable, reliable, & economical. Nothing else checked those boxes better than a Mirage.

Adding a turbo hasn't improved the Fiat 500 sales.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I want a seven-speed and a turbocharger for each cylinder.
    Here ya Go https://www.kenworth.com/media/9831/...0_brochure.pdf as many close ratio gears as you want, (up to 18), dual clutch (you need a forklift to lift it) Turbo (can spec twin turbos), automated manual (Meritor transmission for those than't drive a standard), & as a bonus, lots of cargo space (optional). You could even live in it Oh Ya, since it's aero tested, it gets class leading fuel mileage. (use french fry grease for best results !!!
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Well said Fummins!

I could have bought a Honda Fit (130 hp non-turbo with a 6-speed manual), but my Mirage does everything I would want a Honda Fit to do. Plus, my Mirage was cheaper (I didn't see any new Honda Fits selling for under $10,000 in 2017), & my Mirage is more economical. The Honda Fit is a nice small car, but I wanted something that was affordable, reliable, & economical. Nothing else checked those boxes better than a Mirage.

Adding a turbo hasn't improved the Fiat 500 sales.
    Exactly.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Here ya Go https://www.kenworth.com/media/9831/...0_brochure.pdf as many close ratio gears as you want, (up to 18), dual clutch (you need a forklift to lift it) Turbo (can spec twin turbos), automated manual (Meritor transmission for those than't drive a standard), & as a bonus, lots of cargo space (optional). You could even live in it Oh Ya, since it's aero tested, it gets class leading fuel mileage. (use french fry grease for best results !!!
    A Mirage mini-wagon with the same 5-speed manual powertrain would have caught my eye. It would have brought me back to my first car (1978 Honda Civic Wagon) days. 78 hp would have been an upgrade to the carbureted 63 hp of those days.

I really like mini-wagons that have rear seats that fold flat, but the Mirage does what I need it to do. I have my Forester for those moments of hauling larger stuff.