Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Coolant Temperature!! (Is there a way to display it?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Mark,
    . . . . You are correct about your numbers. I don't mind the way things have wandered around. More like a conversation between friends than a cold blooded analysis. It is lot more fun that way and the Internet is my connection to the outside world. I am semi-house bound. More so with the country being closed. What about Turbo charging, engine builds and so forth? Would you care to go there?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Nope. Those aren't my things. I like the Mirage powertrain as is. I'm not much for altering things. If I wanted the Mirage to be something else, I would have bought something else.

A base level Honda Fit LX has a 6-speed manual transmission, 130 hp engine (without needing a turbo) & 185/60-15 tires. If those things were important to me, I would have bought a Honda Fit.

I have no desire to add a single hp to the Mirage, & I prefer narrow tires over wider tires. Thus, I will be sticking with factory size tires (as long as they remain available).

I bought a Mirage, because it was affordable at the time, seems very reliable, and it has been very economical. I value those three traits in a cheap economy car. I see very little need to change much on a Mirage. Like I have said before, I owned 3 vehicles that had less hp than a Mirage. I like the car as is.

I don't mind chatting with others about changes, however.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . I understand and I appreciate your opinions. I bought the Mirage because I could afford it. I will make a few changes. Like adding the ScanGauge, slightly larger tires when I wear these out, calibrate the speedo, and install the factory fog lamps. I am exploring the other stuff because I am a car nut and a Hod Rodder going way way back.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . I understand and I appreciate your opinions. I bought the Mirage because I could afford it. I will make a few changes. Like adding the ScanGauge, slightly larger tires when I wear these out, calibrate the speedo, and install the factory fog lamps. I am exploring the other stuff because I am a car nut and a Hod Rodder going way way back.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Every person's situation is different. When I want more hp, I back my Forester out of the garage instead of the Mirage.

I get where you are coming from. We all have different interests. I've been spending some of my time patterning shotguns & putting up turkey blinds. Tomorrow - school starts back up for me. I've been on spring break. I will become a virtual on-line teacher in the upcoming days! Ugh!

Stay safe & healthy!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . True, how very true. I an only afford one car so this is the one. It will probably be my last car. I am 65 and I have Fibromyalgia and Heart Disease. So who knows when the Lord will call me home.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . Do you use a USB device to play music through your Entertainment center? I have a very large number of songs on about 100 CDs and I would like to transfer them to USB since the 2019 Mirage doesn't have a CD player. The manual describes several dos and don'ts concerning USB devices but all it did was muddy the waters. I am not sure of what type and size to get. Any thoughts?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . Do you use a USB device to play music through your Entertainment center? I have a very large number of songs on about 100 CDs and I would like to transfer them to USB since the 2019 Mirage doesn't have a CD player. The manual describes several dos and don'ts concerning USB devices but all it did was muddy the waters. I am not sure of what type and size to get. Any thoughts?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Yes, I have done something like this. My USD is in my glovebox, but that was moved after 2017 I believe.

I used this to download some of my CD's -

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk...?skuId=9288807

I have the plain style radio/no screen/no backup camera. Even with that, my CDs play on just fine. You can buy a 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or bigger probably .

Flash drive capacity Photos1 Songs2
    64GB 2000 4000
    32GB 1000 2000
    16GB 500 1000
    8GB 250 500

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    My USB port is located in the center console near the gear shift lever. What brand USB device do you use? I went part hunting for a HO Steam Locomotive that I am working on. I went to Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago, and then back home. I drove about 400 miles and I averaged 40 mpg. Happy!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    My USB port is located in the center console near the gear shift lever. What brand USB device do you use? I went part hunting for a HO Steam Locomotive that I am working on. I went to Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago, and then back home. I drove about 400 miles and I averaged 40 mpg. Happy!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    I downloaded some of my CDs on the 32GB USB flash drive I shared in my previous post. I just leave the USB flash drive connected in my glovebox. A large case of CDs are one little flash drive, & there's plenty of space to add more.

I used a MacBook Pro to do this.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . What brand USB device are you using?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . What brand USB device are you using?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    I use this one -

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk...?skuId=9288807

I ordered them through Amazon, but Walmart, Best Buy, etc have them. Any brand of these would work.