Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Coolant Temperature!! (Is there a way to display it?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . I bought two 32GB drives. I am now ripping songs to the first one. It will contain my Classical and Country music. The second drive will contain my Rock and Roll music. Before ripping all of my CDs I just ripped one CD and went down and tried it. Works like a charm. All of the information is there about the CD and the music files that are on it. One thing is that two USB Drives take up a lot less space than 100 CDs.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Mark,
    . . . . I bought two 32GB drives. I am now ripping songs to the first one. It will contain my Classical and Country music. The second drive will contain my Rock and Roll music. Before ripping all of my CDs I just ripped one CD and went down and tried it. Works like a charm. All of the information is there about the CD and the music files that are on it. One thing is that two USB Drives take up a lot less space than 100 CDs.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    I don't have the screen or backup camera feature. My Mirage has a CD player, but it is still nice having the CDs on a USB flash drive. Instead a large black case being in my car, I have a simple little USB flash drive attached in my glovebox. Your radio screen probably makes it easier to see what you are doing when accessing music, but I have been happy with mine, too.

I am glad to hear that is working for you. What type of device/computer are you using to download all your music?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . Yes, the USB drive will be more convenient. To fit 100 CDs into my CD Carrying Bag, I used CD cases that can hold two CDs in each one. The Carrying Bag can hold 50 cases and it is full.
    . . . . I have built a custom Intel Box. I am running Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit on two Intel 6 core Xeons running at 1.6GH mounted on an AsRock EP2C612WS Motherboard. There is 32 GB of Crucial Ram, an AMD FirePro W5000 Graphics card with 2GB of Ram. There is 15TB of HDD storage. I am using Windows Media Player to do the ripping.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . Yes, the USB drive will be more convenient. To fit 100 CDs into my CD Carrying Bag, I used CD cases that can hold two CDs in each one. The Carrying Bag can hold 50 cases and it is full.
    . . . . I have built a custom Intel Box. I am running Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit on two Intel 6 core Xeons running at 1.6GH mounted on an AsRock EP2C612WS Motherboard. There is 32 GB of Crucial Ram, an AMD FirePro W5000 Graphics card with 2GB of Ram. There is 15TB of HDD storage. I am using Windows Media Player to do the ripping.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    You are way more "techie" than me! I have a MacBook Pro issued to me by my school district. I just know it works. If it doesn't work, I give it to someone else to fix!

Windows Media Player must be working perfectly for you! You'll appreciate the USB flash drives. If you lose one, it will be the lost time (it took to make them) more than the value of the thing. It's a slick way to utilize those CDs for sure!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . I have a HDD dedicated to my Music. I copied all of my music CDs on to this HDD. I then made duplicate CDs and I used them in my Protege. The Originals stayed home, safe and sound. If I want to listen to my CDs at home I play them off of the HDD. I started working on small engines when I was about 10. Before then I was disassembling everything that I could get my hands on. I drove my parents crazy.
    . . . . Two USB devices will hold all of my CDs. Now I need to start working on my Cassette Tapes and Record Albums. LOL! Lots of fun. If someone were to steal one of these drives they would be quilty of multiple counts of violating Federal Copywrite law. One count for each song because I own the originals and they don't. Just an interesting thought.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . The ripping is done and it all fits on one drive with plenty of room left over. Now I am going to rip the files in to WMA which is higher quality than MP3 but of course it will use more room.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . The ripping is done and it all fits on one drive with plenty of room left over. Now I am going to rip the files in to WMA which is higher quality than MP3 but of course it will use more room.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    That's good to know. It's amazing what fits on something so small. I remember taking "Fortran" in college. Everyone walking around with their stack of slotted computer cards. Times have surely changed!!!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . I took a programming class in HS in 1973. We were learning Fortran and Basic. The thing about Fortran was that we had to mail our card stack to UNR. It would take two weekends for us to get the cards back with the error listing. We would make the corrections and send the cards back. Two weeks later the cards would come back with another listing of errors. The semester ran out and none of us ever got a program to run. BTW: It was the simple hello world program. A tough way to learn how to program. Yep, things have changed.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . I took a programming class in HS in 1973. We were learning Fortran and Basic. The thing about Fortran was that we had to mail our card stack to UNR. It would take two weekends for us to get the cards back with the error listing. We would make the corrections and send the cards back. Two weeks later the cards would come back with another listing of errors. The semester ran out and none of us ever got a program to run. BTW: It was the simple hello world program. A tough way to learn how to program. Yep, things have changed.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    My high school got its first Apple computer my senior year. Some of us signed up for computer class. We marveled at the one computer we had in our school. I don't remember any of us being allowed to touch it.

Typing was my worst grade in high school. Guess what I use almost every day as a teacher?

By way - typing class meant learning on a manual typewriter one quarter & trading to a fancy electric typewriter the next quarter.

My students don't believe me when I talk about telephones with party lines or TV that didn't have remotes. I remember when getting a Zenith color TV was huge! We got our first color TV just in time to see this -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_..._Via_Satellite

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . When I was in HS there were no personal computers. No Commodores, no Apples, nothing. They were still 15 years away. The IMSAI was available but you had to build it. I never took a typing class. I am self thought. I do a combination of touch and hunt and peck. It works for me and I am pretty quick. I remember when the shows were making a big deal that they were now in living color. We had a party line and there was no dial. The operator on the party line connected the call for you.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!