Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revving at Idle

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I baby the car really. Rarely rev it hard unless I have too.

Okay here is the fault code:
    P0300 – Random/multiple cylinder(s) -misfire detected

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnestovia View Post
    I baby the car really. Rarely rev it hard unless I have too.

Okay here is the fault code:
    P0300 – Random/multiple cylinder(s) -misfire detected
    Hey Gnestovia, I'm curious to know what kind of gasoline do you usually use?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    61,250 Miles, 98,572 Kilometers.

Yes, I do have the Torque App on my Android phone this has the ability to read codes and tell me pretty much everything that is going on.
    Is the "Torque App" something that plugs into the OBD connector?? If so, just for a goof, unplug it & try the car for a few days. There have been members with things plugged into the connector causing the cars to do all kinda weird things...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey guys, I believe this has worked. I poured in Seafoam and now the car doesn't rev anymore or engine light comes on. So far so good!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    61,250 Miles, 98,572 Kilometers.

Yes, I do have the Torque App on my Android phone this has the ability to read codes and tell me pretty much everything that is going on.

Yeah, not worth spending money on parts that isn't bad lol. That's why I wanted to ask you all for help to see what I can do.

I'll give the Techron Fuel System Cleaner first to see if it doesn't work. If not, I'll go from there. I do work as a Maintenance Technician at Toyota too so I'm learning haha. As always, I appreciate the time.

I'll give an update as well after this too.
    Toyota tech owning a Mirage. If that isnt a ringing endorsement I dont know what is! Maybe you could ask the president of Toyota about selling its CVTs to Mitsu instead of JATCO.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Engine is still revving at idle

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Engine is still revving at idle
    I had a coil replaced under warranty from the previous owner. Do you still have a warranty?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No sir, I bought it used. At least an old man was the only owner and the only thing wrong was he bumped his fence and dented the driver fender and rear quarter panel for which I popped them out easy! So I was thinking the coils. If not, injectors. But couldn't be cause I ran seafoam through them and cleaned them. Then there is spark plugs. On an another tread here, I put the new NGK in. Lastly, a vaccum leak. Which i don't believe there is one. I wonder if a MAF sensor or throttle body sensor being dirty would cause issues? It's a mystery for sure. I'll get er figured out.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So I was thinking the coils. If not, injectors. But couldn't be cause I ran seafoam through them and cleaned them. Then there is spark plugs. On an another tread here, I put the new NGK in. Lastly, a vaccum leak. Which i don't believe there is one. I wonder if a MAF sensor or throttle body sensor being dirty would cause issues?
    I would think coils would cause a misfire & set a code, clean the MAF & throttle body & with the engine running spray the cleaner around any thing downstream of the throttle body & see if that changes the way it runs. It's a cheep test. Have you tested for a vacuum leak??? You have used "Seafoam" in your tank. In my 35 years as a licenced auto & truck & coach tech, the only thing I find seafoam removes is the money from your wallet. (Lots will argue me... never had it help anything...) Clean the intake & revisit the vacuum leak... Good Luck
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you for the comment. Maybe I have wasted money on seafoam after all. But you learn from your mistakes. Well, it wouldn't hurt to try and get some cleaner to see if it helps. I'll give that a try!