Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revving at Idle

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does the Mirage have a Idle Air Control Valve?

I don't think anything with drive by wire throttle has a seperate iac. It uses the motor that moves the butterfly as an iac rather than using an old style plunger type that used to gum up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnestovia View Post
    No sir, I bought it used. At least an old man was the only owner and the only thing wrong was he bumped his fence and dented the driver fender and rear quarter panel for which I popped them out easy! So I was thinking the coils. If not, injectors. But couldn't be cause I ran seafoam through them and cleaned them. Then there is spark plugs. On an another tread here, I put the new NGK in. Lastly, a vaccum leak. Which i don't believe there is one. I wonder if a MAF sensor or throttle body sensor being dirty would cause issues? It's a mystery for sure. I'll get er figured out.
    Updates!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update: At least I reply.

So, I've cleaned the sensors and the throttle body and ran injector cleaner through so far, and still has the issue. For what I can tell and look at, there isn't a vacuum leak. So I'm going to guess the coils. If I purchase a set from Amazon and they don't fix the problem, I can at least return them. So that will be my next try. Wish me luck!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quick question Gnestovia: did you turn off automatic AC control on your 2015? Can't remember if you've answered this and I didn't find a reference to it in your Garage entry.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Exclamation Problem Solved

Update!

So it ended up being the Ignition Coils. As soon as I install the new ones, the revving problem went away and runs super smooth! And the cool thing is they are blue colored to match my blue accents. So it's all good now!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnestovia View Post
    Update!

So it ended up being the Ignition Coils. As soon as I install the new ones, the revving problem went away and runs super smooth! And the cool thing is they are blue colored to match my blue accents. So it's all good now!
    Hey that's good news right there, and it's good to have good news these days.

Does anyone else recall an ignition coil problem reported?

I replaced one years ago on a 2015. Only it would miss pretty bad if you floored it, check engine light flashed. I changed the single junk coil rather than all 3.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey that's good news right there, and it's good to have good news these days.

Does anyone else recall an ignition coil problem reported?
    Mine was replaced under warranty from the previous owner, just one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-16-2020)