Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supporting the Forum and it's Community

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Lololololol, y'all need to catch up on your memes. That's D'ontay, the Christmas elf of acceptance and lucious candy canes. Its meant as a greeting of inclusion, I mean really people c'mon. Let's try and be a little more excited about having more diversity on here, fellas jeeeeezzz.
    Another teacher on staff received a large candy cane with two large popcorn balls attached to it for Christmas. It was a secret Santa gag gift from one staff member to another. It became a topic of discussion for years (until that receiving teacher retired).

The teacher that gave the gift was non-renewed that spring (nice way of saying your services aren't needed). I don't think it was the gift that tipped the iceberg, because the staff member receiving it thought it was hoot! The staff member let go, however, did have some boundary issues. It probably cost them their job.

All humor is not received the same I guess!

Last edited by Mark; 03-29-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Another teacher on staff received a large candy cane with two large popcorn balls attached to it for Christmas. It was a secret Santa gag gift from one staff member to another. It became a topic of discussion for years (until that receiving teacher retired).

The teacher that gave the gift was non-renewed that spring (nice way of saying your services aren't needed). I don't think it was the gift that tipped the iceberg, because the staff member receiving it thought it was hoot! The staff member let go, however, did have some boundary issues. It probably cost them their job.

All humor is not received the same I guess!
    I agree, there is alot of pearl clutching going on these days. Richard Pryor would turn over in his grave if he knew the siege that comedy is under from the left and the right.