Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supporting the Forum and it's Community

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Lightbulb Supporting the Forum and it's Community

Got to thinking and I've been meaning to get on here and post plenty of things to make some contributions to the great community here.
    Now not that I don't still intend to but if I'm being realistic with/about myself "Just one more game of Starcraft and then I'll do that" and I never get around to it.

So what I am asking is how else can I contribute to keep this forum up? Can I throw money at it, a patron, pay-pal, ext? Does the site need a mirror, or hardware resources for the server?

I just want to give back to the people here and keep this place around. It is not often I find a source of information that gets well and truly peer reviewed as too make the content frequently and highly accurate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 36.7 mpg (US) ... 15.6 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Avgjohndoe For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-28-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avgjohndoe View Post
    Got to thinking and I've been meaning to get on here and post plenty of things to make some contributions to the great community here.
    Now not that I don't still intend to but if I'm being realistic with/about myself "Just one more game of Starcraft and then I'll do that" and I never get around to it.

So what I am asking is how else can I contribute to keep this forum up? Can I throw money at it, a patron, pay-pal, ext? Does the site need a mirror, or hardware resources for the server?

I just want to give back to the people here and keep this place around. It is not often I find a source of information that gets well and truly peer reviewed as too make the content frequently and highly accurate.
    Ever notice the advertisements on this forum? Each time you come here, you are supporting the forum by generating revenue for its owner.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Ever notice the advertisements on this forum? Each time you come here, you are supporting the forum by generating revenue for its owner.
    And? That doesn't mean someone can't contribute without buying product or services they don't need.

When I was a member of elantraxd.com for 15 years, I paid $20 a year for a moniker under my name that said 'Pro Member,' no ads , and a larger inbox. I would be willing to do the same to help with costs here. I think it's a great idea.
    Last edited by Alex1a1f; 03-28-2020 at 10:57 PM.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It costs me something like $10 a month to run my forum, DMCToday.com. I give everyone whatever they want for free, there is no inbox size limit, I don't ask for donations, and I refuse to run advertisements.

To each his own I suppose. But I've said it before and I will say it again, advertisements aren't cool.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    What? I thought we were here to crack each other up.

advertisements aren't cool.
    I know - it's another way that they track you on the internet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What? I thought we were here to crack each other up.

I know - it's another way that they track you on the internet.
    The ads on this forum can get very confusing. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to vomit or laugh when I saw this advertisement but I knew I had to take a screenshot. Name:  29219100-2B91-4810-8B47-43D4455F324F.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  93.7 KB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

craigq (03-29-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The admins probably want you to buy anti-sway bars, Scangauges, or something.

The ads on this forum can get very confusing. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to vomit or laugh when I saw this advertisement but I knew I had to take a screenshot.
    Um, yeah that wasn't an ad but another Dirk moment.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-28-2020 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added links

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The admins probably want you to buy anti-sway bars, Scangauges, or something.

Um, yeah that wasn't an ad but another Dirk moment.
    I was wondering what a black man sucking on a candy cane had to do with torque wrenches.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was wondering what a black man sucking on a candy cane had to do with torque wrenches.
    Nothing. It was posted as a reaction to a new female forum member. The picture has been removed.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

The Mirage Forum is a handy tool. Like with any consumer product, it's a David and Goliath scenario sometimes when your average joe blow has to stand up to real warranty claims with a multinational corporation like Mitsubishi, and even bigger conglomerate if you add in Nissan and other wings.

So my point is... the forum helped me personally find a problem with my own 2014 Mirage, realize there is a recall, and after all that got my car repaired with 90% of the cost paid for by Mitsubishi. So I saved possibly thousands due to the democratic saving grace that is the power of an online forum, for the consumer. And no doubt to me that the Mirage Forum is the best one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-28-2020)