Thread: Hello From Texas!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello From Texas!

Been lurking on this forum for a while and decided to join up. I have a 2015 Mirage De that is called the turtle by the kids. Love this little car and now that I have more time Im looking to do a little more to it aside from general maintainace.
    So bare with me with my questions and Ill answer questions which I have an answer to.
    Cheers Gus

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ggoytia For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-29-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ggoytia View Post
    Been lurking on this forum for a while and decided to join up. I have a 2015 Mirage De that is called the turtle by the kids. Love this little car and now that I have more time Im looking to do a little more to it aside from general maintainace.
    So bare with me with my questions and Ill answer questions which I have an answer to.
    Cheers Gus
    Hi from Canada, you have a green Mirage eh? Is that why the kids call your car turtle? That's funny. I would add the side skirts, and other things to make the body look sportier. I am not much for chrome accessories myself. Some people like that look. Mine is a 2014 so your front grille is the exact same as I have. Looks more like a Mitsubishi Lancer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hello ggoytia and welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ggoytia View Post
    Cheers Gus
    I'm from Texas too, around Denton area. Welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Welcome to the forum, Gus. Lots of knowledgeable & helpful people around here, as I'm sure you discovered lurking.

What made you decide to get such an oddball little car?

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the warm welcome.
    Dspace9 - she's all black like the snapping turtles we have out here. Only Chrome on her is the badges and I added a DAKAR badge that makes it look official. Lol.

Eggman & inuvik - cheers gents

Precisionxt - sweet!! I'm next to Newark and Haslet of 287

Metrompg - ever since going to Germany and Poland I fell in love with little cars. My buddy always brags about his old mini fitting everywhere. Main reason is mpg but I drive her hard and fast. The stick shift makes a huge difference.