Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent assistance in instrument cluster

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pandafool171 View Post
    For my opinion, the LED light about 2V, and the current rated approx.20ma. So, the value of resistor about 500 ohms. Who know about this, please share the information?
    Someone on here is bound to know this but in the mean time, could you measure the resistors on some of the adjacent LED's and use the same value of resistance for the new LED? This might keep the brightness of the new cruise LED similar to the others.

Country
    Vietnam
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daleWV View Post
    Someone on here is bound to know this but in the mean time, could you measure the resistors on some of the adjacent LED's and use the same value of resistance for the new LED? This might keep the brightness of the new cruise LED similar to the others.
    Thanks for your advise, that is the last choice we can get this by tracking on the board, considering the same resistor to same function for reducing the current flow through adjacent LED and select the value. But, this way so possible take a long time, we need somebody share information or somebody has taken snapshot of the board circuit in the full version available Cruise control LED light original from the factory.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Thanks
    I have tried to solder the missing LED and resistors with no luck, So finally I got a used cluster from Canada which came with cruise light.
    The swap was pretty easy, no warning lights or codes, the only thing is mileage, I couldn't correct it

Country
    Vietnam
    Thanks
    I do not understanding why the LED light cruise control function not working though sordering LED & resistor already. Are you sure you select the right value of the resistor & correct position. Have you ever tried to tracking following the path copper in the circuit. If you right, it could be the programing code inside the CPU, we can not to intervene the code program for changing Cruise control function. It is a pity for effort of us.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Since the LED is a diode, maybe it was soldered the wrong way around with cathode and anode reversed?

If somebody has an instrument cluster with all features, maybe that person could post a few pics so we can see what part belongs where? That could help us all in the future.
    Last edited by foama; 07-30-2021 at 06:12 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

mohammad (10-12-2021),pandafool171 (07-30-2021)

Country
    Vietnam
    Thanks
    Hi guys,
    Today I got freetime for DIY LED light for cruise control in intrument cluster. When i tracking the copper line in circuit board as well as referrence the same Led Eco light, belt warning light, ... I recognize missing 3 component: Led SMD light, resistor and BJT type NPN. Led diver using in this circiut board by transistor. I proceed soldering the following component and susceesful. So I share information for un-known people.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pandafool171 For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (12-15-2021),daleWV (12-16-2021),mohammad (12-18-2021)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Hi guys,
    Today I got freetime for DIY LED light for cruise control in intrument cluster. When i tracking the copper line in circuit board as well as referrence the same Led Eco light, belt warning light, ... I recognize missing 3 component: Led SMD light, resistor and BJT type NPN. Led diver using in this circiut board by transistor. I proceed soldering the following component and susceesful. So I share information for un-known people.
    Congratulations on your success!

Would you mind sharing a bit more information on what components exactly you used and the placement of these?

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Hi guys,
    Can You show us how to do it?

Country
    Vietnam
    Thanks
    Sorry all bro, today i got freetime for explain clearly for you guys. Actually, the circuit board missing 3 component as i comment above. The location of resistor and led as the pics i share in previous comment. The remaining component is IC dua tranziztor G8 type NPN, 5 pin. Using 1 channel for cruise control light, and one chanel for spare (future purpose, don't care too much about this). After welding 3 component is successful 100%.
    P/S: I do it alone then no pics for you guys, but very easy tracking for the copper path on the circuit, for sure.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Sorry all bro, today i got freetime for explain clearly for you guys. Actually, the circuit board missing 3 component as i comment above. The location of resistor and led as the pics i share in previous comment. The remaining component is IC dua tranziztor G8 type NPN, 5 pin. Using 1 channel for cruise control light, and one chanel for spare (future purpose, don't care too much about this). After welding 3 component is successful 100%.
    P/S: I do it alone then no pics for you guys, but very easy tracking for the copper path on the circuit, for sure.
    Is this the correct transistor?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001326733550.html