Thread: Honda Downsizing Dealers & Vehicle Line-Up In Australia

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts

Honda Downsizing Dealers & Vehicle Line-Up In Australia

I am expecting to see more of these type of headlines very soon unfortunately.

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...s-for-dealers/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-03-2020),Top_Fuel (04-03-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I am expecting to see more of these type of headlines very soon unfortunately.

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...s-for-dealers/
    I like the Honda City sedan. I wish they sold this car in Canada.

Name:  honda city.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  8.7 KB

They are cancelling the City/Jazz/Fit car worldwide from the sounds of it then. I was never fond of the Fit's looks. But the City sedan just completely alters the car's looks. In a good way. Also looks like a 2010 Ford Focus in a lot of ways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I was never fond of the Fit's looks.
    I would agree with that, but I have been impressed with the powertrain (130 hp from a 1.5 L non-turbo engine & a 6-speed manual) of the Honda Fit.

I like the looks of the Mirage hatchback. Regardless of the front (former, current, future), I sort of like the darn thing!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    It is going to be a rare individual who is buying a new car during this mess. No reason to keep dealerships open if they are not pulling their weight, and there is no reason to keep producing models that people aren't buying.

I am particularly worried about this trend when it comes to Mitsubishi. Dealerships which have only just been keeping their heads above water may close...and never reopen.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    It is going to be a rare individual who is buying a new car during this mess. No reason to keep dealerships open if they are not pulling their weight, and there is no reason to keep producing models that people aren't buying.

I am particularly worried about this trend when it comes to Mitsubishi. Dealerships which have only just been keeping their heads above water may close...and never reopen.
    Mitsubishi is just an after thought for most large dealerships. Very few are stand alone like White Bear & Mad City. Most Mitsubishi dealerships in Wisconsin are a small part of much larger dealerships.

"Whether you're looking to buy or lease a new vehicle, Bergstrom Automotive has got you covered! Our team is looking forward to helping you find the perfect vehicle. We have 36 brands to choose from across 32 different locations."

If Bergstrom loses a few brands after all this, do you really think they are going to care? I know they don't care much about Mitsubishi by just looking at their inventory.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If Bergstrom loses a few brands after all this, do you really think they are going to care? I know they don't care much about Mitsubishi by just looking at their inventory.
    That is my point. Dealerships who now carry Mitsubishis just to claim they offer a full range of makes may stop carrying them because of this downturn, and never start carrying them again. It isn't a problem for a huge multi-brand dealership chain.

But it is a problem for US.