Thread: FS: HID Projector Headlights, Smoked LED Tail Lights, Under-Seat Subwoofer

Country
    United States
    Thanks

FS: HID Projector Headlights, Smoked LED Tail Lights, Under-Seat Subwoofer

My Mirage has served me well but it's time to pass it down. As I return it to stock form I would like to sell the following items. I would much prefer to sell these items locally (WNY region), but if you want to pay for shipping I'll do it.

-Custom HID projector headlights $100

Built by our own Alex1a1f (see build thread here) I don't think they are as bright as they should be, so the price reflects that assuming you want to upgrade parts.

-Smoked LED tail lights $150

See the actual listing I purchased from here

-Rockville RW8CA Low Profile Active Subwoofer $50

See it on Amazon (I had it under the passenger seat)

(4) stock hubcaps in good condition - $40

Please reply here or PM me if interested. Thanks!

Last edited by anog; 06-04-2020 at 05:13 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Been looking around, time to replace my brake lights and want LED. A lot of folks say it throws errors others say just get canbus error free. What was your experience and what you did to work around said errors?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 36.7 mpg (US) ... 15.6 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avgjohndoe View Post
    Been looking around, time to replace my brake lights and want LED. A lot of folks say it throws errors others say just get canbus error free. What was your experience and what you did to work around said errors?
    I used 8 Ohm, 25 Watt load resistors from brake positive to ground on each side of the tail light before installing. Honestly I don't think I tried the lights without the load resistors - I had read on here about LED brake lights triggering limp mode so I wasn't taking any chances.

Basically the load resistor is a useless power draw which tricks the car's computer into thinking it's a normal incandescent bulb. LED's use much less power, so without the load resistor you'll get errors because the system thinks the bulb is out.

In the case of the tail lights I linked, there is actually a load resistor already integrated for the turn signal LED's. I just added an extra load resistor for the brake light LEDs.

In theory CANBUS free LEDs are just LED bulbs with a load resistor integrated somehow. So it *should* be OK, if implemented correctly. I've wasted enough time with cheap LEDs to tell you, stick with reputable brands and sellers. Let me know if you have any other questions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well that kind of defeats my purposes for buying LED.
    I really just wanted to feel like I was reducing my electrical load in some areas.

I really appreciate you filling my knowledge gap there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 36.7 mpg (US) ... 15.6 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All still available and prices updated.