Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Japan-only 2021 Yaris GR, with 268 hp i3 engine

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    A KLR? they're nice bikes, was going to buy one from a friend of my dad, but some mechanical/electrical issues threw a wrench in that plan. Don't know if it was the kickstand switch or if the bored out motor had seized, but it wasn't something I was in a position to troubleshoot.

The 2018 model in black/yellow (orange?) looks really good. Now I'm tempted... lol

Back on topic, really would be interested in this if it ever came to the states, maybe after I pay off the Mirage. Could probably park both in my carport, though I'd have to find somewhere else for my bike. lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobu View Post
    A KLR? they're nice bikes, was going to buy one from a friend of my dad, but some mechanical/electrical issues threw a wrench in that plan. Don't know if it was the kickstand switch or if the bored out motor had seized, but it wasn't something I was in a position to troubleshoot.

The 2018 model in black/yellow (orange?) looks really good. Now I'm tempted... lol

Back on topic, really would be interested in this if it ever came to the states, maybe after I pay off the Mirage. Could probably park both in my carport, though I'd have to find somewhere else for my bike. lol
    I have 11 months left on payments for my Mirage, then the car will owe me nothing. Besides half my console being dim at night now, and the engine light being on, my Mirage should last another 200,000 km's if I maintain it right and keep it rust proofed every year with Krown.

I would rather put the money into some savings or a cheap old car, rather than another new vehicle. I was thinking of the 2020 Hyundai Venue in 6 speed manual, but everything is up in the air with my life and plans right now. My Mirage has a few issues but I don't see much wrong with it at all, and any car I drive won't stop blinding snow squalls and that right.. .and the Mirage does good in winter driving.

One vehicle I am considering is a late model 2004 BMW x3 SUV, I wish they were not all leather ones though.
    Last edited by dspace9; 04-04-2020 at 07:43 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    That's weird they cancelled the Yaris in the USA, and you can still buy a 2020 Yaris hatch brand new in Canada.
    I believe he was talking about Toyota bringing the 268 hp AWD Yaris here, & he would buy one.

You can buy a 2020 Yaris in the States. I think the current Yaris has the weirdest looking front. I really don't care for that style front. I don't usually care about the look of cars that much, but the current Yaris has one ugly front end.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2020...w=1159&bih=566

Overall, the current Yaris makes the Mirage look good in my opinion. Lack of manual option has made me lose all interest in a Yaris, but they do use a 6-speed automatic instead of a CVT.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Nobu (04-04-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I believe he was talking about Toyota bringing the 268 hp AWD Yaris here, & he would buy one.
    Yes, but also Toyota stopped making the Yaris themselves for the USA and replaced it with a worthless Mazda 2 clone. And that 6 speed automatic it has is so annoying. I prefer the CVT in the Mirage and the Mirage in general over that thing. One of the big annoyances of that Mazda 2 clone is the center console ties into the dash and it robs you of a lot of knee room... it's just a stupid car that drives like crap and I hate it with a passion. The actual Toyota built Yaris (which I owned several) was a great little car.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm on the fence with the Mazda 2 and Yaris 2020 clone car. There is an older Mazda 2 I see driving in my town by an older couple all the time. Light blue. It's a bit longer looking than my Mirage, but I think the Mirage looks better. The Mirage is more jellybean than the 2 is in real life. The Toyota people really try to make a stubby car look longer.

My beef with the Mazda 2 / Toyota Yaris 2020 is that it's such an old design. Probably 2009 design.

The front end very weird for sure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I came across this the other day. New gen Yaris GS.. so a sport edition hot hatch, with a turbo 3 cylinder engine that makes 268 hp.
    268 hp out of a turbo 3 cylinder engine?? That's wild.

I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime as a fan of small cars, I like it. I bet it'd sell like hotcakes in EU.

Where's Chad when you need him.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-04-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    268 hp out of a turbo 3 cylinder engine?? That's wild.

I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime as a fan of small cars, I like it. I bet it'd sell like hotcakes in EU.

Where's Chad when you need him.
    He's probably having a cold one on the patio. Lovely day to enjoy your garden.

I'm trying to figure out what hp the new Mini Cooper is. I know it's a 3 cylinder turbo.

134 hp and 168 torque with a 3 cylinder turbo on the Mini 3 and 5 doors. Everything these days is $$, and honestly the thing looks like a Porsche interior, with all the buttons, and seamlessly intergrated screens.

Probably a lot of fun for 25 grand plus tax. Too showy but I like the 5 door wagon a lot.
    Last edited by dspace9; 04-04-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I'm trying to figure out what hp the new Mini Cooper is. I know it's a 3 cylinder turbo.

134 hp and 168 torque with a 3 cylinder turbo on the Mini 3 and 5 doors. Everything these days is $$, and honestly the thing looks like a Porsche interior, with all the buttons, and seamlessly intergrated screens.
    That Toyota Yaris is claiming *twice* the power output. That's almost ninety horsepower per cylinder - more than our current 3A92 total output!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Really is a marvel of engineering, but I wonder what the longevity of such a high performance engine is. I guess that's why this is a sports car, not a practical runabout.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A 268 hp Yaris would have to take top prize as the ultimate modern day “sleeper”.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)