Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: No response to gas pedal

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry Cwick I misread some of your original posting. That sounds like a separate stalling issue, not sure though. Engine cut out like that, but your ignition was not turned off at all obviously eh.. Best of luck again!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Is that what that exposed yellow cord is under our seats?
    Pretty sure the yellow cable is for airbags. Yellow = caution. Don't want to fire that airbag squib, not even with static.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Do you know if the wiring under the drivers left foot was checked or replaced due to the recall? These cars are finicky about wiring issues and weíve seen a few mysterious problems due to corroded wiring. Since you live in Indiana according to your profile I bet they salt the roads there. If it has been done it still wouldnít hurt to check. Fummins has dealt with this problem in the fleet he maintains. Just a thought
    I will have to call tomorrow to be sure, but I believe they only did an ECM update.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What inuvik said... plus thereís another connector under the driver seat Iíve had corrosion at too. It looked like a capped off connector.

I read your original post again and now it sounds similar to a Nissan NV200 the dealer and I struggled with. Driver was driving down the highway and out of the blue had no throttle response. They just pulled over turned it off and restarted then carried on. I did get a stored code for throttle position I believe? Took it to the dealer, they couldnít get it to act up. A week later it did it again, took to dealer they changed the throttle body. Was running good for exactly a year, then exact same problem re appeared. Becoming more frequent everyday, took to dealer and they kept it for a month or two. In the end they replaced the entire wiring harness from the throttle body to the ecm.

It wouldnít hurt to take a peek at the throttle Body connector. Itís weird that it will only rev when itís not in gear. More so that you arenít getting a code.
    Thank you, I so appreciate your & everyone's time!

I will take a look at electrical connections, especially throttle body connector. Something like this makes more sense in my mind than the transmission.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Sorry Cwick I misread some of your original posting. That sounds like a separate stalling issue, not sure though. Engine cut out like that, but your ignition was not turned off at all obviously eh.. Best of luck again!
    No worries, and thank you! I appreciate everyone's input!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cwick For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-08-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Is that what that exposed yellow cord is under our seats?
    No, that's for the seat airbag. And no they don't just blow up on their own with static pixie dust. When you unplug the seat airbag there is a little wire that shorts the circuit going to the bag literally making it impossible for it to go off. Unless of course you cut the wires closer to the airbag itself then supply power and ground to them. I wouldn't run around in wool socks on shag carpet touching the connector on a wheel airbag that doesn't have a wires hanging off it but the likelihood of one going off accidently are slim. I've only had 2 go off accidently, one was while trying to pull out a front end loader with an f150 and a chain hooked to the hitch. That didn't go well. Both front air bags went off when the chain got tight. The other time was when I was setting them off for fun, had a bunch of old crown vic bags laying around. Cut a pigtail from one car and hooked it to a long length of speaker wire, hooked it to a booster pack and boom. I forgot to unhook the booster pack before plugging in a fresh airbag and it went off in my hand. That stung for a minute.

Got a little sidetracked. The connector I was talking about is under the carpet, you gotta pull the seat to get to it.
    My mom says I'm cool

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 35.5 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,470 Times in 841 Posts
    When a drive-by-wire car doesn't receive a valid throttle position signal, the car loses its mind because it doesn't know what to do with the throttle input. I've experienced this once on a different car...but it threw a TPS code immediately. It was crazy because I was cruising along at 70mph and all of the sudden the car started losing RPMS and ignored any throttle input. The ultimate fix on that vehicle was to replace the throttle body because the TPS sensors (there were 2 of them) were built into the throttle body and it had to be replaced as an assembly.

I'm not saying that's what is going on here. I'm just throwing it out there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 51.8 mpg (US) ... 22.0 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Could be the gas pedal too. There are 2 sensors(at least) in it too. On drive by wire gm's I've seen the throttle body, gas pedal and throttle control module all have issues on random junk over the years.
    My mom says I'm cool

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 35.5 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,470 Times in 841 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Could be the gas pedal too. There are 2 sensors(at least) in it too. On drive by wire gm's I've seen...
    Funny...the car I was mentioning was a GM product.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 51.8 mpg (US) ... 22.0 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    When a drive-by-wire car doesn't receive a valid throttle position signal, the car loses its mind because it doesn't know what to do with the throttle input. I've experienced this once on a different car...but it threw a TPS code immediately. It was crazy because I was cruising along at 70mph and all of the sudden the car started losing RPMS and ignored any throttle input. The ultimate fix on that vehicle was to replace the throttle body because the TPS sensors (there were 2 of them) were built into the throttle body and it had to be replaced as an assembly.

I'm not saying that's what is going on here. I'm just throwing it out there.
    This is along the lines of what I'm thinking also. From what I can find online, there appears to be a sensor in the gas pedal assembly. Not sure if it's considered a tps, however, I think it may serve a similar function. Local car parts store had one for $700....yikes! Just ordered a used one on ebay for $35 that came from a 2015 mirage donor with 14k miles on it. Figured for that price, it's worth a shot. If that doesn't work, I'll check into replacing the throttle body.

Now my question is, will I need to reprogram anything with this new pedal assembly & what that entails if so? From ebay item description: "some pedals may have to be reprogramed with your specific vehicle."