Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: No response to gas pedal (Update/solved: used CVT replacement)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Hopefully Fummins or Top Fuel can translate what that means? You said there is no CEL on? Just throwing that one code?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Hopefully Fummins or Top Fuel can translate what that means? You said there is no CEL on? Just throwing that one code?
    Correct, no CEL.

Taken it out on a couple more drives and it's doing great so far.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I'm sure it's fine. That's great you did it all for what? $600 for the cvt? How many miles on the used one?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm sure it's fine. That's great you did it all for what? $600 for the cvt? How many miles on the used one?
    With tax, the cvt came to about $670. When I got it home, I noticed they had pretty significantly dented in the pan with likely a forklift. I used the pan from the old one, but the internal filter was also dented, so I had to order one of those along with a new pan gasket. I wanted oem, so I ordered Nissan because it was $65 Vs like $120 (from local Mitsubishi dealership). Then there was the $90 worth of the j4 fluid (boy Mitsubishi charges a lot!). So the grand total was approx $825. If I would have seen the damage before I left, I would have tried to get them to come down more on the price of the cvt.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cwick For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-21-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Thanks for the update on this. Hopefully it will inspire future Mirage owners who are facing a huge repair bill.

How are you reading/clearing your OBDII codes? Are you using one of those blue tooth things? I would clear that code to see if it comes back with your new transmission. If it's driving normally, it sounds like it's just a code set by your previous transmission.

You can see this for more info on that code: OBDII Code P0796

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Cwick View Post
    Finished up late last night, took it for a drive and....... praise God, it seems to be good! It drove normal and no CEL (except for "historic fault". Not sure if that will eventually go away with normal driving?).

Thank you to everyone for the tips, advice, knowledge and for helping me think outside the box when I was still hoping it wasn't the transmission! This forum is a great asset! A shout out to fummins also......he is a great asset to this forum!

I will keep you informed if anything with the car should change.
    Congrats, glad you’re back on the road again. I do like how easy these are to work on. A buddy stopped by yesterday to go through my bolt bin. He’s replacing a clutch in a Mini Cooper S lol. They had to pull half the car apart! Didn’t help being supercharged. A lot of the bolts are now stripped out inverted torx....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thinking out loud here, does the Nissan use EXACTLY the same transmission? Nissans are probably more plentiful, thus the transmission might be cheaper for anyone looking for a replacement. Assuming they are, indeed, identical.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Thanks for the update on this. Hopefully it will inspire future Mirage owners who are facing a huge repair bill.

How are you reading/clearing your OBDII codes? Are you using one of those blue tooth things? I would clear that code to see if it comes back with your new transmission. If it's driving normally, it sounds like it's just a code set by your previous transmission.

You can see this for more info on that code: OBDII Code P0796
    I'm using the Torque app on my phone with a bluetooth obdII. Pretty sure that is just a "historic" log of a fault, and not a current fault..... this is what it looked like before the swap:
    Name:  Screenshot_20200530-204824_Torque.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  91.0 KB

I assume the bell housing/case is different? Not sure about any other changes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Wouldn't the programming give you a bunch of issues. I called a Nissan service center about if they were willing to put a CVT7 in a Mirage and they said no way. It wouldn't work at all.