Thread: No response to gas pedal (Update/solved: used CVT replacement)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I honestly don't understand how Mitsubishi can recommend CVT fluid changes every 30,000 miles in schedule 1, and not recommend any CVT fluid changes in schedule 2?

It's almost like schedule 2 should get you past warranty, & who cares after that!

It makes one wonder if schedule 2 should be followed for anything? In all honesty, I would expect a neglected CVT to crap out. Most neglected automatic transmissions crap out shortly after the fluid has been changed. I know that has been true of automatic transmissions to some extent, & it may apply to CVTs, too?

Having your CVT replaced with a low mileage used one for $1,800 isn't all that bad. As long as your engine is running good, I feel it's worth having done. $1,800 is nothing compared to starting up new car payments again. Plus, you aren't going to get much for your Mirage (trade or selling yourself) in its present condition.

Costs are associated with owning mechanical things. It's part of life! Unless you want to walk everywhere, it's unavoidable. If the price is right, I can see doing what Loren suggests, too! If you like your Mirage, replacing the engine & CVT with a low mileage one should insure an extended life of your Mirage.

I must admit that I do like the simplicity of the manual transmission (no filters, drain oil, & refill to the fill hole), but not everyone like driving a manual & I get that.
    I flipped through the service schedule for the wife’s sorento today. Regular schedule says there is no need to ever check the fluid level or replace the transmission fluid. The Severe schedule says to replace it at 96,000km/60,000miles ish... and there’s no friggin dipstick anyways. According to the book, if you live in Canada you basically have to follow the severe schedule.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (05-16-2020)