Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: No response to gas pedal (Update/solved: used CVT replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I called a Nissan service center about if they were willing to put a CVT7 in a Mirage and they said no way. It wouldn't work at all.
    That's not surprising. What else would you expect them to say?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

There isn’t anything to program inside the transmission. Just solenoids and sensors. The transmission computer is inside the car.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Wouldn't the programming give you a bunch of issues. I called a Nissan service center about if they were willing to put a CVT7 in a Mirage and they said no way. It wouldn't work at all.
    They were right in the sense that Nissan uses the same transmission for sure, but the pin-out programming is different. Mitsubishi, Dodge, Jeep uses the same pin-out configuration. Nissan uses their own.
    Last edited by inuvik; 06-01-2020 at 07:44 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

UPDATE: "Historic Fault"

I just re-scanned, and the P0796 "Historic Fault" is no longer there. Also, my MPG seems to have improved. It seemed to have dropped over the last couple of years, however, I thought it maybe was just in my head...... now, thinking not.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cwick For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (06-08-2020),Car Nut (06-09-2020),Loren (06-08-2020),MetroMPG (06-08-2020),poorman1 (06-08-2020),Top_Fuel (06-08-2020)

That's excellent news! Thanks for keeping us posted.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Good job! Now repeat after another 100k miles lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, not trying to threadjack, but I do have an update on my issue.
    2014 ES, mfg Aug 2013.
    After originally driving about 5-6 miles I suddenly lost throttle control. Not sure if maybe it was a trans issue or throttle position sensor problem, i immediately turned around and parked the car back home. feeling guilty about not having changed the trans fluid, I found somebody online selling 5 qts of oem J4 fluid for $60 shipped. Seemed like a really good deal, so I bought some. They said it would take about 5-7 business days. I waited and waited, and after two weeks I looked up my tracking info. Luckily I paid through PayPal. Shipping info said it had been delivered two days after being shipped. That didn't make any sense and I never got it. The shipping info also said the package was only 1.2 lbs. Really ??? Last I checked, just one qt of trans fluid weighed around 2 pounds or more by itself. PayPal said to email the seller first. I've tried twice and no reply. PayPal said they have also emailed them and are awaiting their reply.
    I have given up on getting my fluid and ordered some Valvoline fluid from Amazon. Got it in two days.
    I received my fluid and my Autel scanner that was out for warranty repair on Friday. Changed the CVT fluid and filter this morning. I'm glad that I removed the inner fender liner. It's much easier to see and remove the canister filter. I almost screwed up when replacing the filter cap. It has a tab on it across from the one screw tab. That tab has to go behind another tab that's on the trans. If I hadn't removed the fender liner, there's no way I would have seen that and probably would have Installed it incorrectly and lost a ton of fluid.

I went ahead and used the Valvoline stuff instead of the super expensive J4. My car has a salvage title, so I don't have any warranty anyway. The car has just under 71,000 miles and I doubt the fluid has been changed before. The fluid didn't look too bad, didn't smell burnt, and there was very little fuzz on the magnets. I drove about 15 miles after the fluid change and it seemed fine.
    I hooked up the scanner and got the following stored codes.
    P170E. Abs/Asc error
    P1797 Brake fluid sensor
    P0703. Brake switch
    B1042. A/M damper potentiometer low

P0183 Active code for fuel temp sensor high. Funny thing tho, scanner live data showed fuel temp was -46 degrees. Crazy

Luckily no CVT codes. I'm hoping it was perhaps a one time glitch.
    I'm gonna start driving back to work and see what happens. I'll post again if anything weird happens.
    Last edited by Car Nut; 06-20-2020 at 11:38 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Car Nut For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-21-2020),MetroMPG (06-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That happened to me one time when I ordered an item off ebay that I never received. After failed attempts at resolving with seller (never heard from them), PayPal came through with a complete reimbursement.
    Unfortunately, many of the things you've described was the same for me.... fluid didn't look too bad, didn't smell burnt, had a little fuzz on the magnets, etc. Hoping you're right though and it was a one time fluke!