Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealer Warranty Frustration (RANT)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    ...The parts they ordered seven days ago still haven't even showed up.
    The few times I have ordered parts from my local Mitsubishi dealer, it's usually close to 7 business days before they show up. And that's when everything is normal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well to get more info, I called Mitsubishi Customer service and explained what was going on and wanted to know if their warehouses were effected by this deal.

The woman I talked to said she'd had a few other calls about slow parts. She said it can take up to 6 weeks to get parts as they come from Japan. Wait, what? Doesn't Mitsubishi have a parts center in California? She said as far as she knew, all the parts came out of Japan. Then I asked, "Even though the car was made in Thailand?"

Silence

Then she put me on hold with kind of a non answer.

I told her I wasn't looking to be a pain, I just wanted to know if this dealer is pulling my chain on the parts thing or if there's a slowdown or what.

She asked for the dealer name, which I gave her, and has started a claim just so we can keep track of all this.

I am tempted to just go to the dealer, pick up my car, and call the other dealer in town and pursue this. Either that, or just get my car so it's at least here and I can drive it if I cared to.

So frustrating.

Hopefully you get your car back soon fee?
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:27 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The few times I have ordered parts from my local Mitsubishi dealer, it's usually close to 7 business days before they show up. And that's when everything is normal.
    The other dealer I typically use (mostly for parts) usually only takes 3-5 days. Now I know we're living in weirdville right now, and that's fine. That was my point to call; to find out if there's a slowdown or if the dealer just can't get it together.

The other thing that gets me is that MitsubishiPartsWarehouse.com has the parts to get the job done. But, this is warranty work, so I'm sure they have to go through the official channels.

Did I mention I hate dealers and warranty claims? /rant

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-08-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Im right there with you on the warranty claims. Im always doing pro/cons lists on other auto forums regarding the Mirage and my #1 con is having to deal with Mitsubishi service centers with warranty work. #2 con the low quality of techs they have to begin with. Night and day difference from the Subaru service techs that have worked on my cars in the past. I feel your pain and as much as I love our 2 Mirages, these will be the last Mitsu products we ever purchase.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Im right there with you on the warranty claims. Im always doing pro/cons lists on other auto forums regarding the Mirage and my #1 con is having to deal with Mitsubishi service centers with warranty work. #2 con the low quality of techs they have to begin with. Night and day difference from the Subaru service techs that have worked on my cars in the past. I feel your pain and as much as I love our 2 Mirages, these will be the last Mitsu products we ever purchase.
    I own four Mitsubishis, three of which are JDM 80s/90s models that I'd rather drive off a cliff than bring to a dealer. But I figured, hey, I have a warranty, might as well take advantage of it. Such a pain.

For what it's worth, warranty work seems like a PITA no matter which brand. I had to fight both Toyota and Subaru when we had clutch issues in our xB and in our WRX, respectively. Eventually, they covered the clutch issues, but not without weeks worth of fighting.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I dont get "fighting" for warranty work. I call the service center, denied. I go over their head and call Mitsu corporate, denied. Not sure what else I could do? Harrassing phone calls and nasty emails? lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I dont get "fighting" for warranty work. I call the service center, denied. I go over their head and call Mitsu corporate, denied. Not sure what else I could do? Harrassing phone calls and nasty emails? lol
    I'd argue that by going over the service manager's head is "fighting" for the work. I mean at some point, you lose the battle right? It's just escalating things beyond the local dealership; that's what I'm saying.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I have very little experience with Mitsubishi service departments. Knock on wood! White Bear Mitsubishi took care of my reprogramming air bag issue (recall), & they reconnected the loose wire on my rear window brake light. Even though I bought my Mirage from them, I had never been there before. I had an appointment, & I stopped by to have the work done on my way to North Dakota (guided fishing trip with friends). That was the summer of 2018. Things went very well, but they are 4-hours away.

My experience with Subaru dealerships have been great. These are some things that I noticed with the one I have dealt with.

While spending time in their service waiting room, I noticed they have a sweet elderly gentleman bring out your engine and cabin air filters to you while your car is being serviced. He doesn't push new filters. He assures customers they still look good or suggests when it may be the time to replace them in the future. He sits right down next to the customer & makes it very personal (showing that he cares about your vehicle). I can see why customers feel comfortable there.

When my Forester has needed recall work done, I ask for loaner vehicle. Madison is a bit of a trip for me. I sometimes schedule something else at the same time. I've received a relatively brand new Outback every time I have requested a loaner from them. I just have to prove I have updated car insurance.

When my engine was tested for oil consumption, I was given a loaner. When my engine was replaced free of charge, I was given a loaner. When they needed to do some tweaking of the engine replacement months later, I was given another loaner. In the last two cases, I took the loaner home (65 miles away). I had their loaner for 6-weeks & then 5-weeks the second time.

Service on engine replacement was slow, but they were very honest about it. Their lead mechanic had serious family issues with his young child. He had taken some time off work, & they only trusted him to do engine replacements on Subaru vehicles. They assured me it wasn't an easy job, & only their best mechanic did these jobs. That made me back off, because I wanted it done right! I was also driving their new vehicle during that time.

When I picked up my Forester, I was told 7 other Foresters were in line to have their engines replaced. They were sincerely very busy, & that also made me more understanding. The key here is nice communication. That goes a long way!

I can't say the service was fast in all these cases, but I felt I was being taken care of & very well informed by the Subaru dealership. I might add I bought my Forester used from a Milwaukee Subaru dealership, but the Madison dealership has never made me feel like a 2nd rate customer at any time. They seem to appreciate my business, even when it has been free service on my end of it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I'd argue that by going over the service manager's head is "fighting" for the work. I mean at some point, you lose the battle right? It's just escalating things beyond the local dealership; that's what I'm saying.
    If parts are coming Japan, that's a Mitsubishi issue. I would hate being a service manager for them.