Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dealer Warranty Frustration (RANT)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Is that divot for seat heater wiring?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't believe so. Not that I could feel on my GT seat anyway.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Make sure Discount Tire can re-learn your TPMS system before you have them replace that bad sensor. If they can't, you will want to clone that bad sensor instead of replacing it with a completely different new sensor.
    My local Discount Tire has been able to program new sensors with each tire swap.

it requires they have the special blue Mitsubishi OBD cable, and two programming units. One is plugged into the ODB port, and the other scans the sensors.

Now, it took a while for them to figure out the process in the first place, so giving them a heads up might help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timw4mail For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-10-2020),Mark (04-10-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    My local Discount Tire has been able to program new sensors with each tire swap.

it requires they have the special blue Mitsubishi OBD cable, and two programming units. One is plugged into the ODB port, and the other scans the sensors.

Now, it took a while for them to figure out the process in the first place, so giving them a heads up might help.
    I wouldn't assume a tire shop (including Discount Tire) will have the special blue Mitsubishi OBD cable on hand. If you are driving a distance to have this done, I would ask about it specifically or buy the cable yourself & bring it along.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    My car was only two years old when a new sort of fuel with 10% instead of 5% alcohol was introduced. As I found out much later, a certain gas station sold it out of a tank which had previously held diesel fuel for decades. The bottom of the tank was obvoiusly full of muck or residue which the later filling of higher alcohol content fuel disolved. That way, I unknowingly filled the tank with plenty of old residue added to the fuel. After a round about 300km drive on the highway at around 110km/hour, the car was parked in the garage. A couple of days later it failed to start because the valves were stuck open with a hardened dark brown gooey residue that stuck everything together, almost like epoxy glue.
    Tha car was "fixed" in a Mitsubishi workshop under warranty, and ever since compression has been only 150 to 160psi on all cylinders. This car is a 1.0l model, which has a compresseion ratio of 11.5:1, and should achieve much higher compression pressure than a US model 1.2l.
    The dealer insisted all is OK and Mitsubishi Germany was of nill help. That was four years ago.

It turned out the mechanic took the head off and removed and cleaned the valves, but put them back into random cylinders. The upper piston rings were stuck and gummed together in the slits of the pistons, but were not adressed.
    Now I have a car with lower compression than the FSM allows, thanks to an incompetent Mitsubishi dealer and nill help from Mitsubishi Germany.
    If I would have repaired it myself it would have been OK...
    Last edited by foama; 04-12-2020 at 12:19 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (04-12-2020)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got a call from the dealer today, and allegedly the car should be ready for pick up tomorrow. Hallelujah!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    First world problems with a third world car lol.
    Too funny!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Picked up the car: weatherstripping replaced and no more whistling (warranty); replaced serpentine belt (warranty); replaced TPMS despite the fact I told them I didn't want to pay the $153. I said I told them not to do that, and they said OK, and they'd eat the cost. So the good news is the TPMS light is off. I am glad they didn't fight me on this.

I'm just glad I got the car back and this warranty trip is over. Total time in the shop: 22 days

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-14-2020),Top_Fuel (04-15-2020)

Nice, Glad you got your car back! FInally...

I'm gonna attempt to take mine and see if I can get m
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:28 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Nice, Glad you got your car back! FInally...

I'm gonna attempt to take mine and see if I can get me an engine once I can get my stupid truck out of storage.
    Even if you dont get the new engine, I bet you still get 300k km out of it.