Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dealer Warranty Frustration (RANT)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If parts are coming Japan, that's a Mitsubishi issue. I would hate being a service manager for them.
    Totally agree. However, I cannot imagine that with 121,046 cars sold in 2019 that every service part has to get shipped over from Japan. Mitsubishi has a warehouse in Cyprus, CA last I cheeked.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Totally agree. However, I cannot imagine that with 121,046 cars sold in 2019 that every service part has to get shipped over from Japan. Mitsubishi has a warehouse in Cyprus, CA last I cheeked.
    It would be interesting to get Nickel's thought on this, because he works at a Mitsubishi dealership (Canada) in this capacity?

Basic parts like plugs, oil, belts, filters, etc... should be stocked.

I order a pair of front tires for my riding lawn mower this past Sunday evening, because they are really worn & cracked (27 year old originals). Fedex delivered to my home yesterday (two days later). I've been pushing my luck with those tires for a few years now. When they go, I am ready now!
    Last edited by Mark; 04-08-2020 at 11:17 PM.

In my Mitsu dealer experience, if you need something other than an engine oil filter it's gonna
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:27 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Lack of good dealerships & availability of parts is surely the biggest knock on these cars. I can honestly say that I knew that going in. It's why I spent some researching the Mirage before purchasing one. Positive customer reviews, Fummin's positive fleet comments, & others on this forum helped erased some of that fear.

If I thought the Mirage was a piece of junk that needed a lot dealership work, I would have bought a Chevy Spark instead. Well-established Chevy dealerships are all around me.

Thankfully, places like Rock Auto, Auto Zone, & others cover most of the basic part needs.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Attachment 15346

There's a hole at the back of the foam pad; like it isn't filled. Dealer said that's the way all the seats. I have a thread on it here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ont-Seat-Divot
    Let me go check out the Mirages here and see if they have that same spot. Might be something with how the seats are made. I'll report back in a bit.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay so the 18 GT seats I put into my black 15, the 19 SE seats, and the 2020 ES seats have a little divet in that same spot. So that's normal I guess for them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-09-2020)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Okay so the 18 GT seats I put into my black 15, the 19 SE seats, and the 2020 ES seats have a little divet in that same spot. So that's normal I guess for them.
    Good to know; thanks!

(This forum is the best!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    s. I didn't notice a divot in the material though. Maybe it's caus
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:28 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, the material isn't like hanging down or anything but yeah that little circle in the foam is what I'm talking about.

I know, I was trying to ma

Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:28 AM.
    Mirage videos: