Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2020 Mirage 5MT 180 miles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Isn't fluid film basically the same thing Krown uses?
    That's a good question. Fluid Film is lanolin-based, Krown says theirs is petroleum based.

From the manufacturers:

Fluid-Film.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluid Film
    FLUID FILMŪ is Eureka’s own unique lanolin-based brand of corrosion preventive and lubricant, used Worldwide in a multitude of industries and applications.
    Krown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Krown
    Formerly T40, Krown Rust Protection & Lubricant is Canada's #1 Rust Protection in a can. To protect metal from rust, a barrier must be created and maintained between the metal and the surrounding elements, especially moisture. This product is designed to create a barrier that can't be broken, chipped or cracked. By staying fluid, our petroleum-based rust protection heals back over after any abrasions providing lasting protection, even in extreme conditions..
    There's probably some other important bits, but I'm guessing it's a long-chain hydrocarbon of some sort with a volatile solvent-based means of getting the stuff in small places. Hand lotion v. petroleum jelly or paraffin wax??

Although Fluid Film's SDS shows a big percentage of paraffinic petroleum. So much for figuring out marketing claims.

Last edited by Eggman; 04-18-2020 at 02:34 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-18-2020),MirageRally (04-19-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I paint and fluid film my car twice a year. No such thing as overkill in the maritimes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm just saying my 2013 or 2014 Mirage, 2014 looks way better than my friend's 2013 Ford Escape. Of course I think it's all upkeep, and my Ford Escape would look excellent if I had owned one instead and krowned it, maybe even had less problems than what's come up over 6 years with my Mirage.

So Krown is great for every car, not sure I would use it if I had some sort of crazy expensive exotic that you drive 3 times a month in the summer, like convertibles. They seem to outlast a lot of others, just by avoiding the winter.

Last edited by dspace9; 04-26-2020 at 10:17 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)