Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mirage 5MT 180 miles

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Smile 2020 Mirage 5MT 180 miles

Just bought my brand new Mirage and absolutely love it! Everything is so easy to service and am glad to have found this forum. l am a new member and am misunderstood by my fellow enthusiasts when they tell me that the Mirage is not a enthusiast car. If anyone loves their car-auto/manual, hatchback/coupe, etc...then they are an enthusiast. lt's only when they get in the car and realize these little cars get great fuel economy that l say "smiles per mile" in how much l save at the pump and that this car is my first manual/stick shift and it's a great first car to learn on. Hope to hear others regarding their vehicles. Have a great day

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (04-17-2020),inuvik (04-16-2020),javensbukan (04-16-2020),MetroMPG (04-16-2020),mitsumi (04-16-2020),ThunderG (04-16-2020),Top_Fuel (04-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you are enjoying your Mirage. Most people don’t “get” the Mirage and trash talk it up. It sounds like you “get” the Mirage and will find that there are a lot of great people and info here. Post some pics when you have a chance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Welcome MirageRally! Sounds like you already love your Mirage, & you will grow to appreciate this forum.

The Mirage is affordable, reliable, and economical. Sadly, many (not all) car critics miss those important points. Mirage owners, however, embrace those qualities.

I must admit that most people in my world don't see the value of the Mirage either. That's their problem not mine.

I find the Mirage easy to work on, too! I especially like the 5-speed manual powertrain. It's a fun little economy car that continues to grow on you over time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! I am new here too, got mine last month. I echo all you said, its fun and easy to maintain. I love them. Have fun and keep us updated on your Mirage!
    2018 Mirage SE CVT "ColorLine"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TJ18CVT For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the new Mirage!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-16-2020)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    haha just like me...

my first car and i get to learn a bunch with this mirage and with the help of all the members here. thumbs up!

Everyone is very much welcome so just ask and share ideas.

Welcome to the forum

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    New 2020? Nice. My wife has a 2020 but she can't drive a stick so it's the automatic.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Welcome aboard. You make a point that I have made many times defending this car on the internet over the last five years. The Mirage is a 2000 pound hatchback with a free-revving, DOHC, high-compression, 3-cylinder engine featuring variable valve timing and with a manual transmission.

Most 'car guys' would like this car if they actually drove it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-16-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Hope to hear others regarding their vehicles. Have a great day
    I agree with you about having deserved enthusiasm for the Mirage, and how nobody gets it. I live in Canada and everyone is trucks and suvs lol.

I'm a 5 speed manual Mirage owner myself, 2014 and to me all enthusiasts real cars are manual transmission, so to my extremely biased taste, 97% of new car sales don't interest me. Look at the dimensions and the weight of the old Porsche 356 and the engine power. Then look at the Mirage's hp, weight, and dimensions. Same idea right. I just wish they had the turbo option in the non RS Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Just bought my brand new Mirage and absolutely love it! Everything is so easy to service and am glad to have found this forum. l am a new member and am misunderstood by my fellow enthusiasts when they tell me that the Mirage is not a enthusiast car. If anyone loves their car-auto/manual, hatchback/coupe, etc...then they are an enthusiast. lt's only when they get in the car and realize these little cars get great fuel economy that l say "smiles per mile" in how much l save at the pump and that this car is my first manual/stick shift and it's a great first car to learn on. Hope to hear others regarding their vehicles. Have a great day
    Hello MirageRally and welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us.

You'll have to tell us more about how you became a Mirage owner. For all the cars out there to choose from, why a Mirage? What are your favorite features? Consider making a forum Garage entry:

Garage empty: add car

This helps us see what model and trim level you have and any changes you have made. This is easier than repeatedly providing this information if you pose questions to the forum.

That being said, I'll offer some tips for things to look out for:
    1. A Mirage purchased new comes with a one year bumper-to-bumper warranty that includes all adjustments. New owners should take advantage of this huge benefit. For example, after some time driving (a month or two) get the alignment checked, especially if you notice the steering wheel is no longer centered while underway.
    2. Be careful making modifications to a new vehicle under warranty as dealers can and have used this to deny warranty service.
    3. If your Mirage didn't come with LED lighting, be careful with swapping incandescent bulbs with LEDs as this has caused problems depending on what bulbs are changed (think brake & signals.)
    4. Be careful using devices that plug into the OBD-II port as some cause problems. This has been noted on cheap OBD-II adapters as well as those from insurance companies.
    5. Enjoy your Mirage for what it is - a economical city car that is affordable to purchase, cheap to operate, and reliable. But I'm guessing you have this part figured out already.

I've been driving over thirty years. My big draw to the Mirage is the bottom line. I've had my fun driving more expensive cars and was never fond of their big price tag. I would rather not give my money away to car companies if I don't have to. I also got tired of fixing up old junky beater cars. My Mirage gets me from point A to point B just like something that costs two, three, even four times as much. And I get to bank the difference and use the cash on something more important to me.

Here's a fun thread you might want to share with your fellow automotive enthusiasts:
    Unusual parking lot company

Looking forward to hearing more about you and your Mirage. Post some pictures when you can.

Again, welcome.

Last edited by Eggman; 04-16-2020 at 10:50 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-16-2020),mitsumi (05-28-2020)