Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Fear of an Impending Car-Price Collapse Grips Auto Industry

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What year Avalon? Hit me up.
    If you read the first sentence of post #159, I think you missed your opportunity to trade.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It was a 2000 Avalon XLS but it gone now...
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

New anecdote: I ran into a friend of mine who's an insurance broker, and she says people are buying new cars like crazy recently. Issuing lots of new policies.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-21-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I wonder if there may be a short term sales bump due to the free money being offered right now. Rebates aren't that impressive, but most manufacturers (in the US) are offering 0% loans for 7 years. That will draw some people into the showroom.

Name:  sale.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  83.8 KB

I still can't figure out if the Mirage plant in Thailand is currently open and manufacturing cars right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I wonder if there may be a short term sales bump due to the free money being offered right now. Rebates aren't that impressive, but most manufacturers (in the US) are offering 0% loans for 7 years. That will draw some people into the showroom.
    Some places are listing new 2020 ES manuals for under $10,000 new, but they are most likely including rebates that not everyone qualifies for. Like this one in the Normal, Illinois area -

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2384/overview/

White Bear has been pretty consistent about their $10,999 listings, which may be more realistic for most buyers.

It really comes down to sharing your information with them to determine which rebates you qualify for, & asking their OTD price. Shopping from your recliner at home makes them work harder to get you there. I really believe that, because they know you can easily go elsewhere!