Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of an Impending Car-Price Collapse Grips Auto Industry

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I've had a lot of interest in the van; I'd say four serious offers; two from out of state looking to possibly ship the van. One is local, and the other one is just out of town. He already told me to "consider the van sold" if I'd deliver it. I think I'm going to take him up on it. Stay tuned.

Wait! I'll trade you a really tidy 2014 Mirage for it. Final offer!

I know what I've got.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lucky. We're in such a slump in crap Illinois. Still not even any garbage extra low ball offers on my Avalon. I wish someone would trade me a Mirage for it hahaha.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    He already told me to "consider the van sold" if I'd deliver it. I think I'm going to take him up on it. Stay tuned.
    I'd insist on some kind of deposit if he is too far away. I have done this for people as well, and when I get to their driveway they look the car over, kick the tires, and then say, "I talked it over with my wife, and she says no. Thanks for bringing it by, though."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-30-2020),Fummins (04-30-2020),Top_Fuel (04-30-2020)

Used Chevy Spark sales are down the drain

Anybody want a used Spark? I hear it's a good time for lowball offers...

These Used Cars Have Taken The Biggest Sales Dive Due To Covid-19

• In February, 62.6% of used Sparks sold within 30 days. By March, that had fallen to 45.4%. That's a drop of 17.2%
    • The average drop for all cars was 9.8%

iSeeCars analyzed over 1.8 million used cars for sale in February and March 2020 to determine which models have the most significant slowdown in sales, i.e. models with the largest drop in the percentage of cars sold within a month of being listed. These vehicles present prime negotiation opportunities for consumers who are in the market for a used car.
    It'd be interesting to know the Mirage's numbers. The list highlights the biggest declines, not the slowest overall turnover rates. (So if 30% of a particular model sold within 30 days in Feb, and that dropped to 25% in Mar, it wouldn't have made the list, despite taking much longer to sell than a slow-selling Spark.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Another related article...

Analysts say April will be the worst auto sales month in at least 30 years

I was wondering if fleet sales were also in the tank. I guess this answers that question...

"April auto sales took the biggest hit we've seen in decades," said Jessica Caldwell, Edmunds' executive director of insights. "These bleak figures aren't just because consumers are holding back on their purchases — fleet sales are seeing an even more dramatic drop as daily rental business has dried up. Like many other industries, the entire automotive sector is struggling as the coronavirus crisis continues to cripple the economy."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-30-2020)

I guess Mitsu picked a good time to stop releasing monthly sales stats. They switched to quarterly reporting as of this month (we'll find out the bad news about Q2, Apr-Jun, on July 1st ... if that's a weekday).

First actuall lowball

I got a lowball offer via kijiji last night. $3500. At 3:30 AM.

And another new contact from someone who says they may come look at the car this afternoon. I'll believe it when I see it.

So far, 5 contacts (2 FB, 3 kijiji), 2 "offers", but no actual tire-kickers. Yet!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hope your offer is a success Darin. I've decided for myself. I'm absolutely keeping mine. Not worth the effort of trying to sell for top dollar especially with the luck being talked about here.

Last night watching youtube an ad for this came up, https://www.swytchbike.com/

Seeing as the only thing I might replace with would be an IMiev, though a manual purple '17 G4 wouldn't be totally out of the question. This EBike kit would fill that eco commuting desire. Nowhere on their website can I find a definite cost but once the preorder opportunity comes up I might be contributing to car industry collapse even more than I already am.

Like I'm set on cars for a good couple decades .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Last night watching youtube an ad for this came up, https://www.swytchbike.com/

Seeing as the only thing I might replace with would be an IMiev, though a manual purple '17 G4 wouldn't be totally out of the question. This EBike kit would fill that eco commuting desire. Nowhere on their website can I find a definite cost but once the preorder opportunity comes up I might be contributing to car industry collapse even more than I already am.
    I don't understand - battery bikes and conversion kits have been available for years now. You have no need to wait.

Or maybe I'm missing something obvious?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)