Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of an Impending Car-Price Collapse Grips Auto Industry

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know, and I may not understand myself in this case. Epiphany moment perhaps, and possibly the first time I will have ever bought something off a youtube ad. Just the fact that the battery snaps in and out so noone can take it is nice. Since lithium tech has gotten cheaper and better over time factors in too.

Honestly I never thought I'd invest in an EBike kit before, At least at one point I know the battery pack was super expensive, compared to the motor hub.

While my goal would be to use my bike normally whenever possible. I've found over the years the uncertainty of do I have the energy to go fast enough to make it in time often would force my decision.

This way if the tech can promise me 15 mph or whatever as long long as I'm spinning the pedals(including in broken chain situations) it would be a much easier choice.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    I know, and I may not understand myself in this case. Epiphany moment perhaps, and possibly the first time I will have ever bought something off a youtube ad. Just the fact that the battery snaps in and out so noone can take it is nice. Since lithium tech has gotten cheaper and better over time factors in too.

Honestly I never thought I'd invest in an EBike kit before, At least at one point I know the battery pack was super expensive, compared to the motor hub.

While my goal would be to use my bike normally whenever possible. I've found over the years the uncertainty of do I have the energy to go fast enough to make it in time often would force my decision.

This way if the tech can promise me 15 mph or whatever as long long as I'm spinning the pedals(including in broken chain situations) it would be a much easier choice.
    The big rage down here on where I live is a bunch of the transients have put those 25cc motor assists on their bikes and they motor around like crazy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

^ Yeah, there's one guy in my neighbourhood with one of those wee engines on his bike. So noisy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Still no tire-kickers

I got my first ever "what's your best price?" punter on kijiji today!

So far, I've had 6 or 7 inquiries, but nobody has come to see it yet.

Although I also have a sign in the windshield. Yesterday someone driving past stopped to look at it, then came back 15 minutes later with another person to look at it again. I was putting my shoes on to go talk to them, but they got away before I could ask, "how can we put you into this fine vehicle today?"

---

Any luck with the Mitsu van-let or the Avalon??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-02-2020)

#8...

Will u trade for a boat

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    OK...never heard that one, either!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

I'd consider a Mirage for a Mirage...

Name:  main.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  84.6 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got a $1500 offer on the Avalon. Told them no.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sold the van at full price yesterday. I did deliver it to the Oregon cost, so that was a four hour round-trip deal. But the gentleman who bought it is in his late 70s, and it was good to get out of the house for a bit.

I think I may put the Mirage up for sale next, too. We simply have too many cars and I don't need two small hatchbacks at the moment.

Congrats!!

You still have the Yaris?