Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How you could pay over $40,000 for a new Mirage

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

How you could pay over $40,000 for a new Mirage

There is no way someone paid $23k for a Mirage. Thats new Mirage plus slightly used Mirage money.

----

Admin note: this discussion was moved from this thread -- 2014 Mirage stolen & recovered! -- wherein another Mirage owner in my little city told me she paid just under $23k CAD out the door for her new Mirage when the old one was written off.

Skip down to post #14 and see where Fummins built a new Mirage for Canadian delivery with an out the door price of just under $40,000!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (04-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    This. There is no way someone paid $23k for a Mirage. Thats new Mirage plus slightly used Mirage money.
    Well, you would be wrong on that one. December 11, 2019 this was posted -

"Here in Michigan if you want a mirage with all the bells and whistles and dont want the base model or the hatch you pay for it big time.
    This is the cost at first glance, this isnt the reciept where we got all the extra corrosion protection and 3 year no questions asked tire and wheel protection and a list of other things plus the crazy tax we pay. Also we had discounts to like the loyalty discount and new car discount and some others i cant remember at the moment. My wife has the actual receipt but it was $23 all said and done. I also want to correct earlier statement about the miles when we got the car it had 24 miles when we first test drove it and 29 miles when we drove it home."

Post # 643 - they include their window sticker. Dealer make money with add-ons & financing.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-Mirage/page65

It's sort of like paying $300 for a battery cable.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Well, you would be wrong on that one. December 11, 2019 this was posted -

"Here in Michigan if you want a mirage with all the bells and whistles and dont want the base model or the hatch you pay for it big time.
    This is the cost at first glance, this isnt the reciept where we got all the extra corrosion protection and 3 year no questions asked tire and wheel protection and a list of other things plus the crazy tax we pay. Also we had discounts to like the loyalty discount and new car discount and some others i cant remember at the moment. My wife has the actual receipt but it was $23 all said and done. I also want to correct earlier statement about the miles when we got the car it had 24 miles when we first test drove it and 29 miles when we drove it home."

Post # 643 - they include their window sticker. Dealer make money with add-ons & financing.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-Mirage/page65

It's sort of like paying $300 for a battery cable.
    Its not hard to find a $15k dollar new Mirage and then a slighly used $8k one.

I'd say it's also not hard to pay full price (plus extras) for one if you don't know about other options, or if you don't care to look for them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Low mileage Mirages for $8,000-10,000 are one of the better deals in my opinion. Imagine the depreciation hit on a $23,000 Mirage?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts

23k$ Damn! Mine only cost €7990 (around US$ 8700) new!

Don't forget there are varying levels of taxes depending on where you live.

Add 13% federal+provincial tax to get the out-the-door price in Ontario. That's an extra $2600 on a $20k car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yikes I thought Chicago was bad with 10%. No thanks, I'll keep my 5.5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Low mileage Mirages for $8,000-10,000 are one of the better deals in my opinion
    Really? If someone offered me 9K for mine I'd sell it. I don't see that happening.
    Last edited by MacClyver; 04-17-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Yikes I thought Chicago was bad with 10%. No thanks, I'll keep my 5.5%.

Really? If someone offered me 9K for mine I'd sell it. I don't see that happening.
    It's 15% here in Nova Scotia. (That's 5% Federal and 10% Provincial - Healthcare is Provincial).

I'm okay with taxes as long as I get things out of said taxes (like universal healthcare).

But 23K for a Mirage is robbery... I think I paid $11500 taxes in with mine back in 2015 for the DE CVT.
    Last edited by javensbukan; 04-17-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    It's 15% here in Nova Scotia. (That's 5% Federal and 10% Provincial - Healthcare is Provincial).

OUCH, 5% provincial tax plus one of the lowest minimum wages in the country!

I did a price and build on a GT Mirage, it's took a bit of clicking but I managed to get the price over $30,000 by adding roof rack, sike skirts and most of the other crap they offer.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-17-2020)