Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't activate Cruise Control on 2019 Space Star / Mirage

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Check the clockspring socket, some only have half cable inside.
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-11-11 at 11.20.10 AM.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  91.3 KB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

Johnnywhishbone (04-24-2020)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Check the clockspring socket, some only have half cable inside.
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-11-11 at 11.20.10 AM.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  91.3 KB
    Thank you FreeYourSOUL for your tip - This is indeed the missing part!
    I have attached an image of the clock spring.

Name:  IMG_2676.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  58.5 KB

Now i'm searching for a way to buy the OEM-Part.
    I will keep you updated :-)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    @FreeYourSOUL, After finding your post https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post88285 i was not able to find a supplier in Europe who offers 8619A362.

I bought a used Outlander III spring clock from ebay a few minutes ago and will transplant the cable from the bought part into the original Mirage / Space Star clock spring as you did. The part nr. of the bought item is 8619A167. Is this correct? From the photos i saw, the pins on the driver side are correct: 2 rows of 2 pins for the airbag + 2 rows of 5 pins for the modules.

Otherwise i will send it back as i will do with the uncessary brake light switch. ^^

Kindest regards and a nice weekend to everyone! :-)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnywhishbone View Post
    Now i'm searching for a way to buy the OEM-Part.
    I will keep you updated :-)
    Hopefully you can find this at a salvage yard.

Otherwise i will send it back as i will do with the uncessary brake light switch. ^^
    Might want to hold on to that until you get everything working.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Johnnywhishbone (04-25-2020)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Yes, 8619A167 is the right one. I bought cheap chinese copy, use only 5 pins and cut the extra 2 pins airbag.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Hello all, i'm back!

First of all: Cruise Control is working perfectly now! :-)

I had to buy a second, used spring clock which already had all 10 pins and installed it today. Last week i was trying to transplant the missing cable into the original clock spring myself and screwed it up (hehe, clock and screwed ...)

Besides that, the stability control isn't working any more. The lights for the "traction control" itself and "stability control off" are active once the car started to move. They're off once i start the car up. The anti blocking system does not work either, altough the light stays out. When i'm hitting the brake hard, all tyres are blocking.

I think this relates to the multiple times i cut off the electronics from the battery to deactivate and safely beeing able to remove the airbag. So i hooked the battery up to my battery charger and will try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Johnnywhishbone; 05-07-2020 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typo

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Hello all, i'm back!

First of all: Cruise Control is working perfectly now! :-)

I had to buy a second, used spring clock which already had all 10 pins and installed it today. Last week i was trying to transplant the missing cable into the original clock spring myself and screwed it up (hehe, clock and screwed ...)
    Glad to hear you got this working.

Besides that, the stability control isn't working any more. The lights for the "traction control" itself and "stability control off" are active once the car started to move. They're off once i start the car up. The anti blocking system does not work either, altough the light stays out. When i'm hitting the brake hard, all tyres are blocking.

I think this relates to the multiple times i cut off the electronics from the battery to deactivate and safely beeing able to remove the airbag. So i hooked the battery up to my battery charger and will try again tomorrow.
    Not sure what you mean by 'blocking' - I think you are referring to anti-lock braking.

Sounds to me like this might be caused by either damaged or otherwise incorrect wiring or maybe something other than cruise control settings were changed in ETACS. Who did the ETACS programming for your project?

Also, are there any government regulations regarding modifying a vehicle in this way in your country? I understand Germany can be strict about changes to a motor vehicle.
    Last edited by Eggman; 05-08-2020 at 08:38 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Glad to hear you got this working.
    Not sure what you mean by 'blocking' - I think you are referring to anti-lock braking.
    You're correct, this is what i meant. The four wheels should not lock up, when i, for example, brake hard on gravel.
    In german this system is called "Antiblockiersystem", that's why i thought the B would be the same in english.

Today i will check if the negative pole of the battery connection is correctly installed, as i didn't tighten it too much. Besides that i ask myself, what the little plug is for, that is also connected to the negative pole. I also detached it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Sounds to me like this might be caused by either damaged or otherwise incorrect wiring or maybe something other than cruise control settings were changed in ETACS. Who did the ETACS programming for your project?

Also, are there any government regulations regarding modifying a vehicle in this way in your country? I understand Germany can be strict about changes to a motor vehicle.
    I did the programming myself and activated only the two to options inside the ECU needed for Cruise Control according to this thread: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...017-Mirage-G4/

I saved the original dumps from before the programming from the ETACs and the ECU, so i can compare. Yesterday i dumped the ETACS and ECU programming again and the ETACS is still identical to the initial, unmodified dump i have. The difference between the modified, currently active ECU dump to the original dump are in fact only the two options for Cruise Control. The thing is, that it started yesterday, once i had installed the replacement clock spring.

Today i will take a test drive and hook up a ODB2 Scanner to see if there are error codes.
    As i still have the original clock spring, i could re-insert it and see if the problem still persists.
    Also i could reflash the original, unmodified dumps.

As for the german laws, my current understanding is, as i am using original parts from Mitsubishi (although used ones) and did not modify any thing related to the emissions or the sound level of the engine, i should be save from violating any laws - should be.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    The issue is indeed the replacement clock spring i bought. It's from an 2016 Mirage Pre-Facelift A05A, and my car is a A00. Maybe there are some differences in the way the wheel angle sensor talks with the CAN bus.

The ODB2 scanner, a friend of mine had, did now find any error codes. Once i had installed the original clock spring, everything went back to a functional state. It's crazy. So i will try to find a newer clock spring.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnywhishbone For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-09-2020)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    I didn't know if clockspring can cause some error because it's basically just cables. Do you have pictures the original clockspring and replacement one?