Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't activate Cruise Control on 2019 Space Star / Mirage

Country
    Germany
    Thanks

Can't activate Cruise Control on 2019 Space Star / Mirage

Hello forum

This is forum is a gem as i have gained a lot of knowledge about my car and i love it.
    In nov. 2019 i got the call to pick up my first car from the dealer ship and i am still very happy with it. Altough it's not the fastest or most exciting car, it's affordable and reliable - it's that bad, beside all the negative press.

I have the european version Space Star 1.2 with CVT on the entry level (Active+ was the name of the line).

After reading this very nice thread (https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...017-Mirage-G4/) about enabling the OEM Cruise Control, i gave it shot and installed the original Mitsubishi Part (after a non-functioning chinese copy) as the cables were already there and flashed the ECU settings.

I used an alternative software called MMCodingWriter and MUTCoding. These tools do not require an active internet connection while flashing and do not charge money at all :-)

The writing of the code was sucessful as i can retrieve the changed bits from the ECU. Sadly neither the LED in the dashboard will activate once i press on the switch of the cruise control module, nor is the cruise control working at all. But the buttons of the module iluminate fairly while head lights are active, so the module can draw power.

Does any one have an idea what could be the issue?

Thank you very much and kind regards!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnywhishbone For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnywhisbone View Post
    Hello forum

This is forum is a gem as i have gained a lot of knowledge about my car and i love it.
    In nov. 2019 i got the call to pick up my first car from the dealer ship and i am still very happy with it. Altough it's not the fastest or most exciting car, it's affordable and reliable - it's that bad, beside all the negative press.

I have the european version Space Star 1.2 with CVT on the entry level (Active+ was the name of the line).

After reading this very nice thread (https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...017-Mirage-G4/) about enabling the OEM Cruise Control, i gave it shot and installed the original Mitsubishi Part (after a non-functioning chinese copy) as the cables were already there and flashed the ECU settings.

I used an alternative software called MMCodingWriter and MUTCoding. These tools do not require an active internet connection while flashing and do not charge money at all :-)

The writing of the code was sucessful as i can retrieve the changed bits from the ECU. Sadly neither the LED in the dashboard will activate once i press on the switch of the cruise control module, nor is the cruise control working at all. But the buttons of the module iluminate fairly while head lights are active, so the module can draw power.

Does any one have an idea what could be the issue?

Thank you very much and kind regards!
    Hello Johnnywhisbone and welcome to the forum.

Quick question - does your Space Star have the necessary brake switches? I can't remember if the CVT needs an extra brake switch...

PS: Here's another thread on the subject:
    I was able to Enable OEM Cruise control of my 2014 Mirage DE 5-speed Manual.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Johnnywhishbone (04-20-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Glad you are liking your new Mirage, Johnnywhisbone. Unfortunately I can't myself help you with your issue. Someone on the Forum will pop up on here eventually. My Mirage is a 2014 ES, and has no cruise control. No A/C.

You know what though, my old 85 VW Rabbit Cabrio had no power steering, so in the big picture, I don't complain much

Also the blue paint colour on your car looks really sharp.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Also the blue paint colour on your car looks really sharp.
    I agree, and I'm glad you pointed that out. Check out the dark-colored roof and side-view mirrors, straight right-hand windshield wiper arm, no hubcaps (what's that about?)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I agree, and I'm glad you pointed that out. Check out the dark-colored roof and side-view mirrors, straight right-hand windshield wiper arm, no hubcaps (what's that about?)
    I must have not looked close enough, because our new friend Johnny says in the garage for "greta" the Mirage, black alloys. So maybe those are winter rims with new steelies right from day 1.

I like the shade of blue, they call it Atollblau, so blue like the bikini atoll pacific ocean? That's a nice place to be.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thank you dspace9 and Eggman for the warm welcome

I have uploaded a second photo of Greta. (I gave the car that name to remind myself to only drive when it is necessary, as i am part of the generation that will have to live with the consequences of the climate disaster)

On the photos you can see the winter tyres on 14" black steel rims. There are no hub caps. The car came with black 15" alloy rims for driving in the summer. In Germany you are legally bound to drive with specialized winter tyres in the winter session. In the next weeks i will change the wheels and replace the TPS sensors on the winter set with aftermarket programmable sensors that will match the ones in the alloy set to be able to change the wheels myself.

@dspace9
    In comparrison to your original 2013 Mirage without any fancy extras, my Space Star appears as a luxary car I was sure, that if i were to buy a modern car, it should have an automatic transmission and a climate control. For fun driving and excitement i still have my BMW R 1150 R motorbike (in a very similar blue color)
    Your VW Rabbit ("VW Golf 1 Cabriolet" in german) is a very rare car today! Very nice to see one on the street, especially the cabriolet. One of the most successful cars ever made :-) The 30 years of innovation and technological advancement from the VW to the Mirage is impressive although the principle is still the same: An affordable, light and small car to transport 5 people.

@Eggman
    I have not checked on the brake switches yet. The next time i'm at my garage i will take a look. I thought, the module and the software changes were all that was necessary, but it seems like i was wrong.
    Thank you for the link, i will take a look if the brake switches are missing.

I see your Mirage has the same blue color :-) Yes, the "Atollblau" refers to the blue seas of the bikini atoll. I don't know if these exotic namings are an european thing. From what i can see on the mitsubishicars.com website, my car should be equal to an "LE" trim in most points.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnywhishbone For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-19-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnywhisbone View Post

@dspace9
    In comparrison to your original 2013 Mirage without any fancy extras, my Space Star appears as a luxary car I was sure, that if i were to buy a modern car, it should have an automatic transmission and a climate control. For fun driving and excitement i still have my BMW R 1150 R motorbike (in a very similar blue color)
    Your VW Rabbit ("VW Golf 1 Cabriolet" in german) is a very rare car today! Very nice to see one on the street, especially the cabriolet. One of the most successful cars ever made :-) The 30 years of innovation and technological advancement from the VW to the Mirage is impressive although the principle is still the same: An affordable, light and small car to transport 5 people.
    Hey there Johnnywhisbone, so it's so funny you say you have a BMW motorcycle. My Dad is from Holland originally, and earlier today I was dropping off toilet paper to him and my mom, they are older so they can't get out right now with the whoel pandemic.

And anyway my Dad was talking about his own 1952 BMW R25 250cc 1 cylinder! Way back in the day. Rare bike now! He crashed it back in Holland, and his arm has issues to this day 55 or 60 years later. Says it could cruise at 90 km/h all day, and only came in black.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Hey there Johnnywhisbone, so it's so funny you say you have a BMW motorcycle. My Dad is from Holland originally, and earlier today I was dropping off toilet paper to him and my mom, they are older so they can't get out right now with the whoel pandemic.

And anyway my Dad was talking about his own 1952 BMW R25 250cc 1 cylinder! Way back in the day. Rare bike now! He crashed it back in Holland, and his arm has issues to this day 55 or 60 years later. Says it could cruise at 90 km/h all day, and only came in black.
    A very nice bike indeed The simplicity is astounding. They are extremly rare and most of the time can only be seen at conventions or meetings, as it is becoming quite hard to maintain such bikes. I haven't seen one myself, so i can't say much about it but it looks very appealing. BMW is famous for its boxer engine motorcycles. Such bike do i own, although it is 20 years old right now (i'm 25, btw.). The R25 is 100Kg lighter than it's 50 year descendant

Anyway, after consulting the thread Eggman gave me about the remaining options regarding cruise control, i have ordered the brake light switch with four pins today. So i will keep you updated, if this was the missing piece of puzzle.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnywhishbone For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-20-2020)

I seem to recall someone missing some led's in the cluster itself. I can't remember if it was for the cruise light or not though.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnywhishbone View Post
    Anyway, after consulting the thread Eggman gave me about the remaining options regarding cruise control, i have ordered the brake light switch with four pins today. So i will keep you updated, if this was the missing piece of puzzle.
    Updates!