^ FYI, Dodge Aries K is right. Pop the yellow retaining tabs up by prying gently, then you can remove the connectors.

---

My problem now is: after disconnecting the airbag and reconnecting it, the airbag light is now always on.

I remembered reading that disconnecting a seat airbag connector if the ignition is ON (or turning it on while disconnected) will turn on the airbag light. So I made sure not to do that.

But when I disconnected the airbag connectors, I thought I saw the airbag light turn on briefly. And sure enough, after re-connecting it, it stays on.

What did I do wrong? (My guess: I should have disconnected the battery.) I guess I now have to make an appointment to get the dealership to turn the light off?

Why was I removing my airbag? I'd like to have steering wheel audio/cruise buttons, but the base Canadian Mirage doesn't have blanks in place of the buttons - it's a solid plastic steering wheel from the rim to the airbag. So the solution is to replace the steering wheel with one from the higher trim Mirage.