Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage clean diesel option? 3N92, Euro 4, 100 PS / 148 NM

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    That is 39.8 mpg. Fake. A diesel is supposed to be more economic than a petrol engine, not less.
    39.8 mpg is better than our 36 mpg rating of the Mirage here.

Diesel will never come to the States, but I see no reason for the ad being fake. It's been stated by other sources that a diesel Mirage may be made for some markets.

Quote - "Under the hood, Mitsubishi could be considering a wide range of powertrain options for the Mirage. Globally, we could see engines like a turbocharged 0.9-, 1.2-, 1.5-, or 1.6-liter. While not expected in the United States, there will likely be a diesel variant as well that comes with a 1.5-liter diesel engine. Industry experts also expect to see an all-electric version, though that model may come out a bit later."

Taken from

https://donrobinsonmitsubishi.com/20...ht-St-Cloud-MN

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    39.8 mpg is better than our 36 mpg rating of the Mirage here.

Diesel will never come to the States, but I see no reason for the ad being fake. It's been stated by other sources that a diesel Mirage may be made for some markets.

Quote - "Under the hood, Mitsubishi could be considering a wide range of powertrain options for the Mirage. Globally, we could see engines like a turbocharged 0.9-, 1.2-, 1.5-, or 1.6-liter. While not expected in the United States, there will likely be a diesel variant as well that comes with a 1.5-liter diesel engine. Industry experts also expect to see an all-electric version, though that model may come out a bit later."

Taken from

https://donrobinsonmitsubishi.com/20...ht-St-Cloud-MN
    That article in the link is just a bunch of speculation and guesses. Which are already wrong. Maybe the writer read some of the post's on this forum and regurgitated it?

"The 2019 Mirage is most likely going to utilize the B version of the Common Modular Family (CMF-B) platform, which is shared globally with vehicles like the Nissan March (an entry-level small car sold in overseas markets). With this change, it would officially move the Mirage up one size class."
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    And searching Google I can't find anything on a 3N92 diesel.

Good Night, do I dislike clickbait.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That article in the link is just a bunch of speculation and guesses. Which are already wrong. Maybe the writer read some of the post's on this forum and regurgitated it?

"The 2019 Mirage is most likely going to utilize the B version of the Common Modular Family (CMF-B) platform, which is shared globally with vehicles like the Nissan March (an entry-level small car sold in overseas markets). With this change, it would officially move the Mirage up one size class."
    Of course, everything is speculation!!!!! Except you will probably never see a diesel Mirage in the U.S. I would not be shocked to see one in other parts of the world, however. This ad is not shocking to me.

If the Mirage becomes something else, I can always shop for a used one. That is why I am glad every year the powertrain remains the same. 10 years from now, I may like something better on the market, too!

If the ad is fake, they went through a lot of effort. Personally, I don't care all that much. It's not coming here, nor would I be interested in one if it did.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    If they are offering a diesel in the Mirage it would be in direct conflict of Mitsubishi's ending diesel engine production.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Aut...el-engine-cars

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

This is just a post to try and help make this a 3 page thread about repeating other posts lol.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)