Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Cvt Won't rev up when warm.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I don't have any filters left, otherwise I would have replaced the cartridge one when I dropped the oil pan. Might rip it out and have a look anyways. Stupid cvts.
    Some of the videos in that CVT thread cover valve body problems. What would happen if one of those circuits and/or solenoids were fouled?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

So....I pulled the valve body and both filters. Completely disassembled the valve body, cleaned everything up. Didn't see any signs of sids. Threw it back together again, test drove. Same p0746 came up and had no throttle while starting to pull a u-turn... Re-started car and drove it back to shop, topped off fluid level. Took out again, seemed great, couldn't get it to clunk between gears. Did a full throttle run for a few seconds and coasted to a stop sign, and again had no throttle while starting to pull away... Shift indicator was flashing, checked for codes and this time had a P0876. Verified fluid level was good, cleared code and tried again same thing, after long full throttle for a few seconds, this time up to 60mph I had no throttle after coasting for a few seconds. It would rev up maybe 500rpm tops in neutral or park and nothing in drive or reverse. This time a P285A appeared. Almost ready to replace the cvt at this point. The only thing I haven't checked yet is one of the first things I should have, the round connector on the front corner of the transmission. It looks fine from the outside though.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-05-2020)

I kept waiting for the part where you were going to say...

"... and then I got out and pushed it over a cliff."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I'll save that for
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 09:02 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    So....I pulled the valve body and both filters. Completely disassembled the valve body, cleaned everything up. Didn't see any signs of sids.
    No pictures?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Interesting article about rebuilding the JF015E. You've probably read some of this before...

JF015E: Common Issues

Sounds like rebuilding one of these things is almost a waste of time if you don't have a really good scan tool.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-06-2020)

Good point, I'll try resetting everything next. Y I guess, Autel
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 09:02 PM.
    Mirage videos:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-06-2020)

So yesterday the last thing I tried was check that round connector on the front corner of the trans. It's a pita to unplug. You have to rotate this plastic collar counter clockwise while pushing in on a tab. After getting it off it looked fine. Plug it back in and moved the car of to the side again....
    This morning the check engine light was on and 5 cvt codes were stored! All new ones I haven't seen yet. The freeze frame showed they must have popped up while driving it yesterday. I cleared the codes, again....then tried to do all the reset and relearn options the scanner shows. First one was a reset, it wouldn't work. Said not available. Tried the g sensor relearn next, it didn't work either. I was able to reset the cvt degradation deal. Yay....
    I remember reading somewhere, maybe the service manual about doing a manual relearn but I forgot all the steps. Something like drive up to 40mph, coast to a stop, turn of car, restart and repeat 5 times? I really have no idea. But I tired what little I thought I recalled. Drove around up to 40mph, coast to a stop kill engine repeat. So far it hasn't had any issues. It hasn't clunked hard going into drive or reverse since I reinstalled the valve body. I was starting to wonder if I installed the solenoids in the reverse order after all the issues yesterday but no more flashing indicator and the throttle has always worked today.so far.. Cvt temp was as high as 89C so it was warmer than it was the other few days when it had issues. .....Gonna try it on the highway and keep fingers crossed.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I remember reading somewhere, maybe the service manual about doing a manual relearn but I forgot all the steps.
    That article I posted lists 22 steps for a manual relearn?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    https://gearsmagazine.com/magazine/j...common-issues/

1 Start the engine and warm up the CVT fluid to 50ºC (122ºF). Confirm CVT fluid temperature by checking FLUID TEMP in the Data Monitor.
    2 Turn the air conditioner and other power loads off.
    3 Shift the selector lever to park.
    4 Turn the engine off and wait for 5 seconds.
    5 Start the engine and wait for 5 seconds.
    6 Turn the engine off and wait for 30 seconds.
    7 Perform step 5 and 6 two more times, for a total of three times.
    8 Start the engine.
    9 Shift the selector lever to drive.
    10 Accelerate from 0 km/h (0 MPH) to 65 km/h (40 MPH) at low throttle (0.5/8 – 1/8 as seen on your scan tool display).
    11 Coast down to 30 km/h (18 MPH) or less without using the brakes.
    12 Stop the vehicle and shift the selector lever to park.
    13 Turn the engine off and wait for at least 5 seconds.
    14 Restart the engine.
    15 Perform step 9 through 14 four more times, for a total of 5 times.
    16 Shift the selector lever to drive.
    17 Accelerate from 0 km/h (0 MPH) to 45 km/h (28 MPH) at low throttle (0.5/8 – 1/8 as seen on your scan tool display).
    18 Stop the vehicle and shift the selector lever to park.
    19 Shut the engine off for at least 5 seconds.
    20 Restart the engine.
    21 Perform step 16 through 20 four times, for a total of five times.
    23 Drive the vehicle and check that there’s no shock while shifting.

Last edited by poorman1; 05-07-2020 at 01:15 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poorman1 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-06-2020),Fit (08-11-2020)