Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Cvt Won't rev up when warm.

2017 Cvt Won't rev up when warm.

I towed a 2017 Mirage(227,000km/141,000miles) to the shop the other day, driver said car wouldn't move and wouldn't rev up. It was hard to tell wth was going on cause every question I asked I got a yes for an answer. There were no codes stored, fluid looked good, car drove fine when I picked it up and when I road tested it twice. Dropped cvt pan, it looked good. Pulled kick panel, lowest connector had a tiny trace of corrosion just starting. I didn't think it was the cause as car ran fine with no codes with that connector unplugged. Took for another road test, seemed fine, verified proper cvt fluid level...

They picked the car up today, drove it about 20km and the same problem pulling into a parking lot, car wouldn't reve up. I drove it onto the trailer, scanned for codes immediately and found none stored. Fluid looks good still. I took if for another longer drive got it nice and hot then it started acting up while in DS. Surging at a constant speed. I headed back to the shop, pull into parking lot and there was no throttle response. No engine lights, car just wouldn't rev up. It was still in drive. It seemed to clunk kinda harsh going from neutral to drive which isn't typically a good thing. Eventually if the throttle was held to the floor it'd rev up like normal.

But after taking down the street a second time it shifted like crap, would rev way too high(WHILE DRIVING IN DRIVE NOT DS OR B). Just didn't act right at all.

After fiddling with it in the parking lot I managed to get c1396 and u0401. Likely a canbus wiring problem? Hopefully...

Last edited by Fummins; 05-01-2020 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Had to be more clearerer
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    3k rpm is normal for Ds at 15-20mph+. Don't know about D2, don't think mine has that.

Haven't had issues with throttle not working thankfully, so can't help there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobu View Post
    Don't know about D2, don't think mine has that.
    Okay...I meant DS. Thanks
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    No prob, mostly just wanted to let you know about Ds behavior – the other stuff was mostly superfluousus I suppose.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Been rainy or snowy there lately?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

No more snow, finally! Got first rain of the year today. Hopefully it’ll wash the covid away!
    Mirage videos:

Guess this isn't the first car to throw those codes. The other was this 2015 with the highest mileage in the fleet
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...light-on/page2
    Mirage videos:

Subscribed for outcome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Me too. Got any idea's? It's pushed to the back of the line right now. Summer tire season is here. Finally. I was worried I'd be slowing down at work but I'm busier now than 2 months ago.
    Mirage videos:

Tried looking at this one again. Pulled the drivers seat, looked under the carpet, cut open the wiring harness behind the kick panel, to take a second look. Everything looked okay.
    Took for a long drive til the cvt fluid was warm 70C. Drove perfect. Pulled back into the parking lot, couldn't get it to act up. Until I put it in neutral, reverse then drive again. It would take a few seconds to rev up, like it was in limp or protect mode. It almost seemed as though it was slipping, like when I have a wet drive belt in my SXS.

Took for a drive again, came to a stop and it wouldn't rev up. Had to restart the car to get through an intersection. The shift indicator blinked a couple times, cvt fluid temp was 89 C. Then my scanner lost communication with the transmission computer. Scanned for codes and a P0746 pressure control code appeared this time. Car bangs into gear when it acts up. Restart car and it's okay for a minute.
    I don't have any filters left, otherwise I would have replaced the cartridge one when I dropped the oil pan. Might rip it out and have a look anyways. Stupid cvts.
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-read-this-one

Mirage videos:

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-01-2020),MetroMPG (05-01-2020),Top_Fuel (05-01-2020)