Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New tire/wheel combo for the G4! Weight reservations.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I doubt you will notice any negative impact from 3 extra pounds at each corner under typical street driving conditions. Post some pics when you get it all put together!

Keep those original wheels/tires handy. If your CVT grenades, you will want to bolt those back on before taking the car in for a $5,000 warranty claim.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I doubt you will notice any negative impact from 3 extra pounds at each corner under typical street driving conditions. Post some pics when you get it all put together!

Keep those original wheels/tires handy. If your CVT grenades, you will want to bolt those back on before taking the car in for a $5,000 warranty claim.
    I was talking to the guy at Discount Tire about that. He said he's never heard of a warranty being that shady nor a customer to come back and complain. Fingers crossed! Is there a thread of that happening to somebody on here? Gawd I hope not lol.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I thinking about selling them on ebay cheap. 2 out of the 4 are in good shape. The other 2 are dented but still useable, she's been on them for 9 months, no issues.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I was talking to the guy at Discount Tire about that. He said he's never heard of a warranty being that shady nor a customer to come back and complain. Fingers crossed! Is there a thread of that happening to somebody on here? Gawd I hope not lol.
    It has happened.

A dealer denied a warranty claim to a forum member for having non-OEM wheels. I can't remember the context - rear axle alignment I recall.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-29-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Eggman is correct. Here is the story.

This text is buried in your Mirage Owner's Manual...

Name:  warranty.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  53.3 KB

I'm not saying it's likely...but it is possible. So do yourself a favor and keep those old steelies handy just in case.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Dirk - I don't remember the year & current mileage of both your Mirage & G4?

I see some value in storing a set of factory size wheels/tires until both vehicles are past the 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. Since you bought both vehicles used, your warranty claims wouldn't go beyond that point. Your 2014 Mirage is probably already past that point in both years & mileage?

I wouldn't expect your new rims/tires to cause any issue, but I believe it could cause issue on any related warranty claim with Mitsubishi. You may still decide to sell the extra wheels regardless.

If I lived closer to you, I would buy the pair of steel rims in good shape from you. I would even offer you $100 for the pair to help offset your new wheels. Shipping costs may kill that deal, & I would only want the rims.

I've never sold anything on eBay. If you do decide to sell them, I wouldn't mind buying the pair from you through eBay. Especially, if that's the safest & best way to make a transaction like this happen?

I can get a pair of new steel rims for $100 with free shipping, but I would prefer the 14" x 4.5" factory steel rims that match what I already have on my car. You may want to sell the factory wheels as a set, too. I wouldn't blame you for doing that either. I am just expressing my interest in a pair Mirage factory steel rims, & there is no harm in that.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Dirk - I don't remember the year & current mileage of both your Mirage & G4?

I see some value in storing a set of factory size wheels/tires until both vehicles are past the 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. Since you bought both vehicles used, your warranty claims wouldn't go beyond that point. Your 2014 Mirage is probably already past that point in both years & mileage?

I wouldn't expect your new rims/tires to cause any issue, but I believe it could cause issue on any related warranty claim with Mitsubishi. You may still decide to sell the extra wheels regardless.

If I lived closer to you, I would buy the pair of steel rims in good shape from you. I would even offer you $100 for the pair to help offset your new wheels. Shipping costs may kill that deal, & I would only want the rims.

I've never sold anything on eBay. If you do decide to sell them, I wouldn't mind buying the pair from you through eBay. Especially, if that's the safest & best way to make a transaction like this happen?

I can get a pair of new steel rims for $100 with free shipping, but I would prefer the 14" x 4.5" factory steel rims that match what I already have on my car. You may want to sell the factory wheels as a set, too. I wouldn't blame you for doing that either. I am just expressing my interest in a pair Mirage factory steel rims, & there is no harm in that.
    Let me see first if Discount Tire offers me some in store credit for the wheels & tire, I believe they might do that for our rare wheel size. If not I'll PM you and we'll exchange info.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Eggman is correct. Here is the story.

This text is buried in your Mirage Owner's Manual...

Name:  warranty.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  53.3 KB

I'm not saying it's likely...but it is possible. So do yourself a favor and keep those old steelies handy just in case.
    This is definitely worth considering too, as I have the space to store them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    This is definitely worth considering too, as I have the space to store them.
    If I had a car still under warranty, I would store them.

They aren't worth that much money. I made the offer so you don't toss them or give them away to cheap. If this doesn't happen, I will find another pair somewhere eventually. No worries!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Dirk -

I sold a set of floor mats thru this site & used PayPal & it worked great, I think they have so many safety set ups in the transactions now that you can't go wrong... At least if I can figure it out, everyone can figure it out

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)