Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New tire/wheel combo for the G4! Weight reservations.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Why not use the forum? You can keep the Ebay sale commission.

Forum: For Sale / Wanted / Web Finds

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-29-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Has anybody on here had warranty work done with bigger tires or wheels?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    I sold a set of floor mats thru this site & used PayPal & it worked great, I think they have so many safety set ups in the transactions now that you can't go wrong... At least if I can figure it out, everyone can figure it out
    I wonder about shipping though, its 68 lbs total, 27 per combo.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Has anybody on here had warranty work done with bigger tires or wheels?
    Let me re-write that question for you...

Has anyone here had a major powertrain warranty repair done with non-stock sized wheels/tires? I think the answer is probably no...because not that many people here are driving around with a new warranty engine or transmission. That's a good thing.

If your factory radio stops working, they aren't going to deny you warranty coverage because of your wheels/tires. However, aftermarket wheels/tires could make a major powertrain warranty claim process more difficult. I'm not saying it's likely...but be aware that it's possible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-29-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Let me re-write that question for you...

Has anyone here had a major powertrain warranty repair done with non-stock sized wheels/tires? I think the answer is probably no...because not that many people here are driving around with a new warranty engine or transmission. That's a good thing.

If your factory radio stops working, they aren't going to deny you warranty coverage because of your wheels/tires. However, aftermarket wheels/tires could make a major powertrain warranty claim process more difficult. I'm not saying it's likely...but be aware that it's possible.
    Well considering I'm 0 for 3 getting any kind of legitimate warranty work done from Mitsubishi I'm not going to hold my breath. Subsequent owners are persona non gratis to Mitsu, but I trust our cars, I do all the preventative maintenance recommended on here, I don't rag the cars out ever, I'm just not going to worry about it anymore. I simply dont trust Mitsubishi and the way they handled me in the past or their warranty. So I'm going for it lol. I'll post pics tomorrow morning, y'all let me know what you think.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Worth looking into!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    I wonder about shipping though, its 68 lbs total, 27 per combo.
    Would two steel rims (with no tires) weigh 68 pounds?

Put a sheet of cardboard between the two rims, and stick them an appropriately sized box. I don't know what that cost to ship?

Keep in mind, Discount Tire will be going after your existing sensors in the original wheels to keep your TPMS working. Thus, pulling the old tires off the original rims isn't going to add much time to the job with their tire equipment.

Like I said already - If I lived near you, I would gladly buy a good pair of steel rims whether the old tires were left on or not would be irrelevant. In this situation, I would only buy the rims. If you are interested in selling the entire set of old wheels (rims/tires) together, you may find another buyer.
    Last edited by Mark; 04-29-2020 at 02:40 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't know what that cost to ship?
    I understand Georgia is beautiful in the spring. Might be worth seeing for yourself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Out of round? Meaning they dent easily?
    I have no idea wtf nobo meant by that? Wheels bent when you hit potholes. They don't bend magically overtime for no reason. The keyboard gonorrhea is strong with that one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I have no idea wtf nobo meant by that? Wheels bent when you hit potholes. They don't bend magically overtime for no reason. The keyboard gonorrhea is strong with that one.
    Well no luck selling my tires or wheels to discount tires. They said they're just too small and they'd just sit and take up space. Lol I guess your typical Mirage owner isn't getting new wheels for their economy sh!tbox.