Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New tire/wheel combo for the G4! Weight reservations.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Thank you Mark! Did you get my message?
    I've been out turkey hunting. Just saw the message & emailed you. Thanks!

Last edited by Mark; 02-15-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Isn't it weird in a world of displacement measured in litres and tire width and machined bolts measured in millimeters that rim diameter stubbornly remains in english inches?

Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Isn't it weird in a world of displacement measured in litres and tire width and machined bolts measured in millimeters that rim diameter stubbornly remains in english inches?
    Except for those oddball metric wheels. I remember seeing them on fox body mustangs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelin_TRX

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Ok? So I'm good or what? I can't do math Eggman help a bro out
    Ok since you are asking for my advice, I am inclined to tell you to not purchase a new set of wheels and instead use the money to either pay down your debts or bank it.

You have spent a fair amount of time here on this forum letting us know that you don't have a lot of money to your name. Dirk, don't give it away - keep your money and your perfectly good wheels. Cars are a losing proposition.

I apologize as I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but it is the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Except for those oddball metric wheels. I remember seeing them on fox body mustangs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelin_TRX
    Did you just reference Wikipedia??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Ok since you are asking for my advice, I am inclined to tell you to not purchase a new set of wheels and instead use the money to buy Fummins a few pallets of beer.
    Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself!
    And yeah, I thought all the cool kids post Wikipedia links?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    If you have a tanker you could come on down to the Oregon Coast and load up. They are dumping beer by the thousands of gallons.

https://theworldlink.com/news/local/...486cc8c2b.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

That's terrible! I cry enough when I find a few half full beer laying around that I lost the night before. I wonder how it'd taste if you filled 250 gallon plastic totes that held engine oil and atf?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fummins View Post
    that's terrible! I cry enough when i find a few half full beer laying around that i lost the night before. I wonder how it'd taste if you filled 250 gallon plastic totes that held engine oil and atf?
    tangy!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Ok since you are asking for my advice, I am inclined to tell you to not purchase a new set of wheels and instead use the money to either pay down your debts or bank it.

You have spent a fair amount of time here on this forum letting us know that you don't have a lot of money to your name. Dirk, don't give it away - keep your money and your perfectly good wheels. Cars are a losing proposition.

I apologize as I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but it is the way I see it.

Dont worry I learned my lesson on your advice lol. You mistake my light hearted scvhitzing about the little guy, I'm doing just fine dont worry. I work 2 jobs and hardly ever splurge on myself like this I swear. Tint job, tires & wheels over the course of a year, that's it. Everything else is the hillbilly performance section at AutoZone I assure you lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    And yeah, I thought all the cool kids post Wikipedia links?

If something can be found on the internet, it must be true!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-01-2020)