Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New tire/wheel combo for the G4! Weight reservations.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I got a coworker who is still working his way out of debt. I can really sympathize; it's tough to watch folks suffer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Dirk, don't give it away - keep your money and your perfectly good wheels. Cars are a losing proposition.
    Speck has alloy wheels, why can't Dirk's Mirage have alloy wheels?

I am just kidding! Sounds like something I (please give me the most basic Mirage) would say, however!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-01-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Im getting the same Vision Cross greys on my green hatch tomorrow! $420 total, not a bad price. Ill post pics in a couple of days.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'll be getting the matte black Vision Cross 426s oddly they're a little more expensive and weigh a half pound more than the new wheels on the G4?Attachment 17881
    What happened to your matte black Vision Cross dream?

Apparently, it's time to dump the wheel covers with zip ties (good idea by the way). Gray or matte black - I'm sure they will look great on your green Mirage!

You must be happy with the ones on the wife's G4! New wheels! Fun, fun!!!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    What happened to your matte black Vision Cross dream?

Apparently, it's time to dump the wheel covers with zip ties (good idea by the way). Gray or matte black - I'm sure they will look great on your green Mirage!

You must be happy with the ones on the wife's G4! New wheels! Fun, fun!!!
    Thanks Mark. Yeah my old steelies were fine but the Vision Cross wheels really make a cheap car pop. I'll have 4 OEM steel wheels in good condition to sell if anyone is interested. So I have a total of 6 OEM steelies for sale cheap. I hope the two you got from me are working well?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Mark. Yeah my old steelies were fine but the Vision Cross wheels really make a cheap car pop. I'll have 4 OEM steel wheels in good condition to sell if anyone is interested. So I have a total of 6 OEM steelies for sale cheap. I hope the two you got from me are working well?
    I mounted 165/65r14 Nexen N'Priz AH5 tires on your wife's two steel rims (along with new cloned sensors) last summer. I bought the Nexen tires when I saw them on sale for $50/tire. I have older Nokian Nordman 7 snow tires up front & the new Nexen tires on the rear this winter. Your steel rims are working out great!

My original Dunlop and Federal pairs of tires (mounted on my 4 factory steel rims) are getting worn down. Not safe for winter driving in Wisconsin any more, but I hope to get one more summer out of them. Somehow I have 4 different pairs of tires for my Mirage? I have been truly experimenting with 165/65r14 tires I guess.

Sidenote: The steel rims I got from Dirk's G4 were 14" x 5" (instead of the 14" x 4.5" steel rims on my Mirage). I believe both are 2017 models. Apparently, the G4 comes with a slightly wider steel rim than the Mirage?

Any rim that is 4.5" to 5.5" wide works well with factory size 165/65r14 tires. I can speak from experience, because I have 4.5", 5", & 5.5' steel rims with 165/65r14 tires for my Mirage. I just slap the factory wheel covers on, & no one knows the difference! Well, I guess some of you would know now.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Wow I had no idea the G4 had wider wheels?!? I wonder why?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow I had no idea the G4 had wider wheels?!? I wonder why?
    I don't really know why that is, but the G4 steel rims are stamped 14" x 5". A 5" wide rim works well with 155-185 tires. Likewise, I like your 14" x 5.5" Vision Cross wheels made for 165-195 wide tires.

This is just my opinion, but 165/65r14 tires look even smaller on the G4. The sedan looks better with 175/65r14 or 185/60r14 tires on it. Probably most would say the same for the hatchback, but I don't mind 165/65r14 tires on my Mirage.