Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Chance To Buy A Manual Transmission Outlander Sport

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    This really irks me. Not only do they not specify WHAT discounts they are referring to but they refuse to put cost breakdowns in writing (if they do they just write "discount" and not the specific discounts). Then they will change the discount amounts based on what you tell them. Nowhere is it written down. Now if you tell them you don't qualify for it (or they just don't bring it up), then later tell them you want the extra discount on whatever price you get, they freak out like you committed some vast injustice for their price scams that they made in the first place. They typically just claim whatever discount you are asking for is already factored into their 'markdown' price.

They should be sued for false advertisement and anti-consumer practices.
    Dealerships & car companies have created their own mess, & I let them sort through it.

I simply ask a dealership what their OTD (out-the-door price) is prior to walking through their doors. If they want to sell you a car, they will make sure each & every discount will apply to you. How they want to do their paperwork is up to them. I could really care less.

I have two different sets of paperwork for my Mirage. The first set had the wrong vin #. The salesman was at my kitchen table (with my Mirage in my driveway) when we discovered this, & his office is 4 hours away. He handed me the keys, & drove back home with his own vehicle (that was driven to my house by another employee). They sent me the correct paperwork via mail to sign. Very little matches between the two set of paperwork except the agreed upon OTD price. I can't even determine how they come up with the price of the car, & I don't really care. It's a mess they (Mitsubishi) & other companies have created.

I financed $10,000 (Ally 4% for 60 months) on Mirage to qualified for a $500 rebate. It's the only rebate I qualified for at the time. If my 2017 Mirage ES manual didn't have the armrest & Bluetooth added to it from the factory, I would have been paid to take the car that day. I know that may sound funny, but it is true! My brand new Mirage would have been less than $10,000 OTD for everything (& delivered to my home). Since the armrest & Bluetooth were added, I wrote a check for $153.70 that day. If those items weren't added, I would have received a check for financing the car with them.

Not all Mitsubishi dealerships are the same. By the way - I refinanced my Mirage as used 3 months later with my local credit union (used rate was 2.79% for 60 months), & it cost me $30 to refinance. I did it on my computer. I financed the car twice that way. Paid it off asap with no penalty.

Comparing Mirages at different dealerships was a nightmare. I just by-passed all that with one question. What is your OTD price of the vehicle?

Last edited by Mark; 05-01-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Dealerships & car companies have created their own mess, & I let them sort through it.

I simply ask a dealership what their OTD (out-the-door price) is prior to walking through their doors. If they want to sell you a car, they will make sure each & every discount will apply to you. How they want to do their paperwork is up to them. I could really care less.

I have two different sets of paperwork for my Mirage. The first set had the wrong vin #. The salesman was at my kitchen table (with my Mirage in my driveway) when we discovered this, & his office is 4 hours away. He handed me the keys, & drove back home with his own vehicle (that was driven to my house by another employee). They sent me the correct paperwork via mail to sign. Very little matches between the two set of paperwork except the agreed upon OTD price. I can't even determine how they come up with the price of the car, & I don't really care. It's a mess they (Mitsubishi) & other companies have created.

I financed $10,000 (Ally 4% for 60 months) on Mirage to qualified for a $500 rebate. It's the only rebate I qualified for at the time. If my 2017 Mirage ES manual didn't have the armrest & Bluetooth added to it from the factory, I would have been paid to take the car that day. I know that may sound funny, but it is true! My brand new Mirage would have been less than $10,000 OTD for everything (& delivered to my home). Since the armrest & Bluetooth were added, I wrote a check for $153.70 that day. If those items weren't added, I would have received a check for financing the car with them.

Not all Mitsubishi dealerships are the same. By the way - I refinanced my Mirage as used 3 months later with my local credit union (used rate was 2.79% for 60 months), & it cost me $30 to refinance. I did it on my computer. I financed the car twice that way. Paid it off asap with no penalty.

Comparing Mirages at different dealerships was a nightmare. I just by-passed all that with one question. What is your OTD price of the vehicle?
    Exactly. I did my entire deal over the phone and internet and only dealt with OTD price. I had a 10 hr drive each way to pick my OS and I already had a copy of the contract that I was going to sign. I compared them and I was satisfied and I literally spent less than 30 minutes at the dealer. No hassle, no games.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)