Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Chance To Buy A Manual Transmission Outlander Sport

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts

Last Chance To Buy A Manual Transmission Outlander Sport

I was perusing Pacific NW Mitsubishi dealers websites this morning and Bronco Mitsubishi in Idaho has FIVE (5) 2019 manual transmission Outlander Sports all priced the same for $14995. This would be even less than I paid which was $15749 which was a smokin' hot deal. If you've been on the fence don't wait, I can't imagine getting a lower price than this. Just a FYI.

Last edited by inuvik; 04-30-2020 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Updated with state of dealer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    That would make a great deal for someone. It's probably the same price you paid based on their fine-print disclaimer...

Bronco Markdowns can include any and all factory incentives, including, but not limited to...
    owner loyalty
    competitive rebates
    military rebates
    finance incentives
    college grad rebates
    So if you were in the military, you just graduated from college, you currently own a Mitsubishi product, and you finance through the dealer...you might end up paying that price.

Are you familiar with this place? Is it a good dealer?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That would make a great deal for someone. It's probably the same price you paid based on their fine-print disclaimer...

So if you were in the military, you just graduated from college, you currently own a Mitsubishi product, and you finance through the dealer...you might end up paying that price.

They've been around for awhile. They are a mega dealer who moves a lot of volume. If I could buy one for $15749 with the economy red hot last June, I'm thinking that there is a lot of squish factor. 60% of something is better than 100% of nothing. When I bought mine the dealer nearly cried in joy. Nobody wants a manual transmission these days and they have 5.
    Last edited by inuvik; 04-30-2020 at 09:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    ...If I could buy one for $15749 with the economy red hot last June, I'm thinking that there is a lot of squish factor.
    Yeah...exactly. I'll keep an eye on those just in case!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish I had the extra scratch to grab a spare. I absolutely love my 5 speed Outlander Sport.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I found some other "deals" out there on Outlander Sports. These are all CVTs...but look at these prices. Get an Outlander Sport for less than a Mirage?!?

Name:  outlander.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  65.9 KB

Lots of fine print in that dealer's ads!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I wish I had the extra scratch to grab a spare. I absolutely love my 5 speed Outlander Sport.
    Me too, I've owned a lot of vehicles and it hands down is one of my all time favorites. A hoot to drive and amazingly fuel efficient. That 2.0 4B11 is so smooth running. Granted it's got zero torque but oh my goodness above 3500 rpm is when the fun starts.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Me too, I've owned a lot of vehicles and it hands down is one of my all time favorites. A hoot to drive and amazingly fuel efficient. That 2.0 4B11 is so smooth running. Granted it's got zero torque but oh my goodness above 3500 rpm is when the fun starts.

I had a CVT 2017 rental for a weekend a few years ago. Smooth vehicle, nice that it sits up compared to my Mirage. The gas mileage on the automatic was good even though I only drove it around 250 kms total. To the dealer and then pick up my car again. I hated the shifter thing at first, makes no sense.

Keep it simple and it's all move over and down and right and left... way too complicated. Transmissions in new cars suck. The only good ones are real 5 speed manuals.

I mean back from the dealer. ANyway

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've seriously considered a FWD 5MT OS. However, I have never driven one. I saw the Bronco Mitsubishi stuff and it's a heck of a deal!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

This really irks me. Not only do they not specify WHAT discounts they are referring to but they refuse to put cost breakdowns in writing (if they do they just write "discount" and not the specific discounts). Then they will change the discount amounts based on what you tell them. Nowhere is it written down. Now if you tell them you don't qualify for it (or they just don't bring it up), then later tell them you want the extra discount on whatever price you get, they freak out like you committed some vast injustice for their price scams that they made in the first place. They typically just claim whatever discount you are asking for is already factored into their 'markdown' price.

They should be sued for false advertisement and anti-consumer practices.

Last edited by Mirageman38; 05-01-2020 at 07:05 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)