Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This Current Situation & Mileage.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think a 26/750ml of vodka/whiskey here is around $20. I don't mix drinks well and don't last long with hard liquor. I like beer cause it's premixed so they don't keep getting progressively stronger.
    Been drinking whisky since 1968, it's easy, buy it, go home, collect a suitable glass along with your fresh bottle, take a seat, relax, open the bottle a pour a sufficient amount, repeat this process until the bottle is empty.
    The only thing I mix whisky with is another whisky.

Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

2. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-04-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    I wouldn't be surprised if they start banning cars that have been modified or ones that are capable of doing twice the speed limit because they're potentially dangerous.
    Unfortunately anything in the wrong hands is dangerous if there is intent, not just cars I'm afraid.
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

4. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-04-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    As a delivery driver, I am considered "essential". The shelter-in-place order here in Washington state doesn't apply to me. I have been driving my ass off for the last three weeks.

Can't say I have minded too much. Our store is busier, tips are way better, the roads are empty, gas is cheaper, I often just leave orders on the doorstep so I don't even have to talk to anyone, random people thank me for doing my job, and the government sent me $1,200 just for, well, breathing!

These are strange times...
    Same here, but its been 7 weeks of it for me. Overall our restaurant is slower, but we had a large dining room that is closed. Pickup and delivery is way up, as are tips. $30 to drive 5 minutes and leave a couple bags on the doorstop feels like robbery, but apparently I am risking my life or something, so whatever.

The masks have become a thing in the last week, so that is irritating. We all had been doing fine for almost 2 months without them, but I guess the non poors are going to come out of hiding, so we have to accommodate them.

We have been at $1.50 a gallon, it doesn't seem like it can go any lower than that with our taxes. It seems like $20/barrel gets us to the $1.50.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MIMirage For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (05-05-2020),dspace9 (05-04-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIMirage View Post

We have been at $1.50 a gallon, it doesn't seem like it can go any lower than that with our taxes. It seems like $20/barrel gets us to the $1.50.
    Cross the bridge into Canada, and we are paying about 81 cents a litre in Canada. I think there's 3.6 L in every gallon, so we are paying $2.70 or so Canadian a gallon. Not sure why more, taxes I presume.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MIMirage View Post
    but I guess the non poors are going to come out of hiding, so we have to accommodate them.
    LMAO! The non poors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Cross the bridge into Canada, and we are paying about 81 cents a litre in Canada. I think there's 3.6 L in every gallon, so we are paying $2.70 or so Canadian a gallon. Not sure why more, taxes I presume.
    There's 3.78L in a US gallon so at $.81cad a gallon is $3.06. With the google exchange rate $2.17/gallon merican. The lowest it's been in Edmonton was 56 c a liter/$1.50 a gallon merican. It was as low as 1.31/gallon(49c/liter) a few hours south of here earlier last week.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-04-2020),itschad (05-05-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It was as low as 1.31/gallon(49c/liter) a few hours south of here earlier last week.
    They're paying way less in the States.

The lowest I've seen it here since the big drop was around 68 cents, and that was in Sarnia. I think they make half the gas there in that city. Anyways, gas prices are higher in the rural areas, I filled up kinda near Sarnia for 81 c a liter today.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They're paying way less in the States.

The lowest I've seen it here since the big drop was around 68 cents, and that was in Sarnia. I think they make half the gas there in that city. Anyways, gas prices are higher in the rural areas, I filled up kinda near Sarnia for 81 c a liter today.
    If you ever want to experience gas price envy check out Oklahoma on Gasbuddy. I've seen it at .89 cents/gallon during this, its at $1.04 today.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MIMirage For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-04-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Lowest it got here was down to about $.65 a litre. It's crept back up every Thursday a few cents (Regulation), now it's sitting at $.71 a litre.

That's 8 cents per litre cheaper than what it was when I got my license back in 2006, but it's 2020 and every year inflation has happened... so yeah, it's *insanely* cheap adjusted for inflation.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    There are a few reasons... share of Federal and Provincial taxes are different vs. the US, plus very low population density plus a universal healthcare system.

It depends on each province, the federal government takes a set slice for excise tax, but the majority of taxes are Provincial for fuel... some have direct carbon taxes, some do not.

That's why Gasoline is most expensive in the BC Lower Mainland... Translink is funded through Fuel taxes applied by the municipal government (plus all the other normal BC fuel taxes).

I know here *all* of the taxes and fees from the DMV & brought in from fuel goes into our roads... the freeze thaw cycles are brutal in the winter, every spring they look like the moon. Similar to New England in the US.

Ice Storm > Salt > Rain > Sunny & Warm! > Ice Storm > Snow?! > Sunny and warm! -Well that was a fun Tuesday.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to javensbukan For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-05-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Did I tell you we get tucked up here? We have to pay tax on tax. A litre of scotch whisky here cost about £21.00 but often Famous Grouse and Bells are on offer for £16.00. My "everyday" favourite whisky is J&B is £32.00 per litre. Bloody expensive when you buy 3 litres per week.
    Oh wow, I thought we paid a lot for Liquor here, or perhaps our bottles are just smaller?

Looks like a 1.1 litre bottle of J&B's Rare is $40.80 CAD (taxes & deposit inc.) currently at the NSLC... or about £23.27.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to javensbukan For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-05-2020)