Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This Current Situation & Mileage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Here in the UK we're still on Lockdown although some idiots were caught driving from London to Cornwall, getting on for 300 miles, they were fined and sent home. I would have sent them to the moon, morons on the moon

I used to average 140 miles per week pre Covid-19 in my Mirage, now down to about 15-20. Saves money on fuel, well fuel for the car, the extra cash goes on fuel for me.......whisky.
    I should perhaps mention that I'm officially an OAP (retired) and bloody hate being restricted.
    How has Covid-19 affected you?
    I hear some countries are easing lockdown, bad idea in my opinion.

Keep Well Keep Safe
    I having been doing delivery full time for Amazon for the past 2.5 years. I use my own car, so I'm still out there daily in my G4. I'm currently saving about $10 a tank, about 2-3 tanks a week. I've had to take quite a few shifts in Salem, which is 63 miles oneway (almost all 3 lane interstate). I'm averaging anywhere from 50-250 miles a day, 5-6 days a week. Along with the cheaper gas, with less traffic, getting around has been a breeze, along with parking when I deliver to downtown Portland areas. I'm very grateful to not only be working but to get to get out and about so much, plus while getting 35-45 mpg regularly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Go4th For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-05-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    According to google, about 20% more. 1 Imperial Gallon = 1.20095 US gallons.

I'm 37 and I'm a mishmash of metric and imperial. Woodworking I'm inches and feet, pool temperature is in Fahrenheit, outdoor/indoor temperatures in Celsius... my weight and height in US feet and US pounds.
    I know, it's a bugger. I went to school learnt pounds shillings and pence, imperial weight and measurement then I left school and we went all metric. I went to bed one night knowing there were 240 pennies to the £1 sterling when I woke up there was only 100.
    So much for schooling, I now know bugger all. Hey, I'm British not European.
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

4. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-05-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I can certainly put back some J&B, but Macallan 12yr Sherry Oak is my go-to. I am rarely without a bottle. But it has gotten more expensive over the last few years. I will need to fly to Scotland and have a little talk with them about that.
    I do like Macallan, when I can find it but my "affordable" single malt is Old Pulteney. If you can find it give a whirl..

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  9.8 KB
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    240 pennies to the £1 sterling when I woke up there was only 100.
    So much for schooling, I now know bugger all. Hey, I'm British not European.
    Yea eh I was just reading about ten pence is the same as a dime, 1/10 of one pound. I was in Mexico around 2006 or so, and at the time one Canadian dollar could buy me 10 dollars in pesos, and your money really stretched in Mexico when you're off the resort and eating local food at stalls and small time restaurants. Beer was real cheap and good, mini bottles of corona-like beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-05-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What a crazy world in which we live. Over here there are 4.54 litres to an Imperial gallon. Why in God's name can't they makeit all uniform?
    Can confirm, a Gallon in Canada prior to Metrication (Pre 1971-1985) was also 4.54 litres (an Imperial Gallon), meanwhile to the south (in the US) a Gallon was 3.78 litres.

This was precisely one of the main reasons for a common universal system (the Metric system).

It was a carry over from the British Empire where Canada and other previous colonies (like in the Caribbean, Australia & NZ) used the British system (Imperial) Vs. the US customary system.

Canada got to about 75% converted to Metric before a government change happened and they cancelled the program, so now we're left with things both in Metric and Imperial (customary) measurements... fun times.

Here's a funny post someone created about how that works exactly. https://i.redd.it/e8f2dqu4qlk31.jpg

A good example of this stupidity: all the prices for produce are usually listed in $ per lb, even though the scales are in Metric (g / kg) with lbs added on over top of the dial for... marketing reasons I suppose?

The prices are always "lower" in lbs, so they seem to favour putting that out over $ per kg.

Usually, the price in KG is also listed, but it's very small and an afterthought... even though the scales have kg and grams as the primary measurement.
    Last edited by javensbukan; 05-07-2020 at 12:50 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to javensbukan For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've only pumped gas twice in the last 41 days. March 27, we were to work from home. I refilled on April 8th; 87oct was $1.39 per gallon. On May 1, I refilled again from my last refill on April 8th. I did take 'drives for my own pleasure' as our state was totally okay to take drives. I usually fill up once a every other 8-9 days.

So far, the Mirage is doing good. Did an oil change in early April before The Battles of TP, so at least it wasn't too bad.

Currently, in Minnesota, we're still on a Stay-At-Home Order. Which I totally understand. There are some places that are slowly opening. But I just read that our 'social distancing' report card went from a 'A' to 'D' . It is pretty outrageous to see people NOT wearing masks and gloves at the grocery stores. Blows my mind that people aren't wearing, at the least, just masks. Wife and I try not to go out to stores and such but it's hard to when most deliveries are 1-2 weeks out.

Overall, I guess I've been practicing social distancing all my life lol. I do miss hanging out my car buddies but there are also weekly cruises and weekly birthday drivebys while practicing social distancing. Other than that, I really hope everyone else is doing good and not going super crazy about 5G and fake news stuff lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-28-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post

Overall, I guess I've been practicing social distancing all my life lol. I do miss hanging out my car buddies but there are also weekly cruises and weekly birthday drivebys while practicing social distancing. Other than that, I really hope everyone else is doing good and not going super crazy about 5G and fake news stuff lol
    In Minnesota sounds like you have similar protocols as Ontario 2of9. Makes sense, we share a border.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-28-2020)

I passed someone with Quebec plates the other day. I wanted to get the hell away from them as fast as possible cause they may have the covid or something. I was in my truck and may or may not have left a trail of unburnt diesel on accident. But I made up for it by driving my wussmobile like a girl for the last month.

There's no stay at home order here. I've never seen so many people walking around my neighborhood in the year and half I've lived there. They are opening up campgrounds in the next month but only to Albertans? Roads are almost back to normal. Probably won't get much busier with schools being closed until at least september and so many people out of work still. They removed the ohv ban shortly after banning them but still have a major fire ban going on.
    Last edited by Fummins; 05-07-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    Currently, in Minnesota, we're still on a Stay-At-Home Order. Which I totally understand. There are some places that are slowly opening. But I just read that our 'social distancing' report card went from a 'A' to 'D' . It is pretty outrageous to see people NOT wearing masks and gloves at the grocery stores. Blows my mind that people aren't wearing, at the least, just masks. Wife and I try not to go out to stores and such but it's hard to when most deliveries are 1-2 weeks out.
    I read today that Wisconsin went from a B+ to D rating, too!

Big brother is watching us!

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    What a crazy world in which we live. Over here there are 4.54 litres to an Imperial gallon. Why in God's name can't they makeit all uniform?
    Thats the whole point about being metric!
    Also there are no "measurement borders" between units, eg. between bushels and gallons, miles and pressure, and so on. All is one just as in physics, and all related to all in the universal metric system.
    Makes things much easier for us all!

I learned pounds shillings and pence too. We calulated only in numbers and fractions instead of decimals.

The entire world went metric, thank God! Thats what the International Standards Organisation was founded for back in 1861. Even the last cave dweller in the sticks must have heared about ISO by now!

But wait! Three countries in the entire world remained in the medieval system, North Korea, Liberia and the USA. When sourcing a piece of equipment for the company, only metric conform equipment was deemed fit for evaluation. Nothing non-metric would ever come in question at all, nothing from North Korea, Liberia or USA. Happens every day all over the world.

Last edited by foama; 05-08-2020 at 08:44 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-28-2020)