Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Current Situation & Mileage.

Country
    UK
    Thanks

This Current Situation & Mileage.

Here in the UK we're still on Lockdown although some idiots were caught driving from London to Cornwall, getting on for 300 miles, they were fined and sent home. I would have sent them to the moon, morons on the moon

I used to average 140 miles per week pre Covid-19 in my Mirage, now down to about 15-20. Saves money on fuel, well fuel for the car, the extra cash goes on fuel for me.......whisky.
    I should perhaps mention that I'm officially an OAP (retired) and bloody hate being restricted.
    How has Covid-19 affected you?
    I hear some countries are easing lockdown, bad idea in my opinion.

Keep Well Keep Safe

Last edited by itschad; 05-04-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    The car is resting more than it has ever been.

People here are getting nuts having to stay home and so the lockdown is being eased a tiny bit. The spanish flu came in three waves back then, hope they've learned from that.
    Fortunately in this area there remain eight times more intensive care units per capita than in the UK, and there is no shortage whatsoever of ventilators. I sure hope some of those neo-liberalists with their wacky ideas of saving more money from reaching the NHS are getting some of the non-existant medicine they prescribe! I wouldn't want to be there in these times. Stay safe!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Folks who travel about are not only putting their own health & safety at risk, but also others. As if they know better.

This virus is very contagious whether there are symptoms or not, and symptoms vary greatly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (05-04-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    As a delivery driver, I am considered "essential". The shelter-in-place order here in Washington state doesn't apply to me. I have been driving my ass off for the last three weeks.

Can't say I have minded too much. Our store is busier, tips are way better, the roads are empty, gas is cheaper, I often just leave orders on the doorstep so I don't even have to talk to anyone, random people thank me for doing my job, and the government sent me $1,200 just for, well, breathing!

These are strange times...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-04-2020)

I went quading on Saturday with some friends. We all drove separate vehicles, did the distancing deal. There was 7 of us altogether. Everyone is considered "essential" except one semi retired guy. They are loosening restrictions here a bit. Seems like they don't expect to stop it here, they just don't want to overwhelm hospitals.

Gas just went up here last week. But conveniently enough diesel is now cheaper than gas.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    As a delivery driver, I am considered "essential". The shelter-in-place order here in Washington state doesn't apply to me. I have been driving my ass off for the last three weeks.

Can't say I have minded too much. Our store is busier, tips are way better, the roads are empty, gas is cheaper, I often just leave orders on the doorstep so I don't even have to talk to anyone, random people thank me for doing my job, and the government sent me $1,200 just for, well, breathing!

These are strange times...
    Nice one Cobra, I dare not inform the authorities that I'm still breathing................the bar stards will bill me.
    Yes, our fuel prices are lower, from about £1.26 per litre pre Covid now £1.02.

Wow, gas was around $1.00-1.10 here, then dropped to $0.56(cost $16 to fill up from empty), now it's up to $0.77.

All I got from the government was $39 for some gst credit. I don't want anything, chances are I'll just have to pay it back with interest next time I file taxes.

I'm not a fan of the some mind blowing changes happening here lately. I wouldn't be surprised if they start banning cars that have been modified or ones that are capable of doing twice the speed limit because they're potentially dangerous.
    Last edited by Fummins; 05-04-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Wow, gas was around $1.00-1.10 here, then dropped to $0.56(cost $16 to fill up from empty), now it's up to $0.77.

All I got from the government was $39 for some gst credit. I don't want anything, chances are I'll just have to pay it back with interest next time I file taxes.

I'm not a fan of the some mind blowing changes happening here lately. I wouldn't be surprised if they start banning cars that have been modified or ones that are capable of doing twice the speed limit because they're potentially dangerous.
    Did I tell you we get tucked up here? We have to pay tax on tax. A litre of scotch whisky here cost about £21.00 but often Famous Grouse and Bells are on offer for £16.00. My "everyday" favourite whisky is J&B is £32.00 per litre. Bloody expensive when you buy 3 litres per week.
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

I think a 26/750ml of vodka/whiskey here is around $20. I don't mix drinks well and don't last long with hard liquor. I like beer cause it's premixed so they don't keep getting progressively stronger.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they start banning cars that have been modified or ones that are capable of doing twice the speed limit because they're potentially dangerous.
    We're safe.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-04-2020)