Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mirage G4/ Attrage (sedan test drive -- anyone else driven one yet?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you for your input ^

Did you ever consider the hatch?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    Thank you for your input ^

Did you ever consider the hatch?
    Yes I also considered the hatch but i need trunk for my family stuff that is why I prefer to have a Sedan.

The model was officially launched last quarter of 2013 in the Philippines and I was not aware of it. During those months I was still choosing among Toyota, Hyundai and Honda compact sedans. Fortunately, when I just passed by at the mall sometimes October or November when I just ignored the Mirage G4 display at first as I thought it was Hatchback but I turned my head back after Id seen it wasnt.

So thats where all my story started evolving with this car. I started comparing notes among my choices and I suddenly shifted to this car. Not only the features also the price.

G4 is my first Mitsu compact sedan, but before I was driving Toyota Vios 2009 and Camry 2002, Mitsu Pajero 2000, Subaru Forester 2009, Toyota Innova 2006.
    Silver Surfer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to etm78 For This Useful Post:

grsupercity (01-23-2014)

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    I've had my Attrage (G4) for a few days and i can say i am really impressed with the car, especially at the price point of $15,000. The car is very smooth and quiet. OK it's not a sports car but ideal for me. I've owned much more expensive cars in the past and this one is on a par with most of them. Some reviews complain about the styling but i think the sedan looks great, especially with those alloys in red or blue.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Been handling our Mirage G4 (Attrage) for close to two weeks already. I'm generally very satisfied with the car. Road/tire noise is still noticeable in the cabin, but I guess it's par for the course for a car in this price point (and makes me thankful that we chose this over the hatchback).

Yes, body roll is still present thanks to the soft-tuned springs, but what's important is that the chassis remains planted on the road during turns at speed. I live in a mountainous area, so it was a surprise to know that the little 3-banger had no difficulty pulling up the car on mountain passes (or parking ramps). Steering is very light, sometimes excessively so, that it felt like playing a video game.

I've read about the noise and vibration due to the odd number of cylinders, but I find myself strangely drawn to the engine note when revved sufficiently; it sounds like an agitated kitten ready to pounce. The trunk was a joy to behold, and we were able to fit a twin-size mattress (folded, of course) completely inside, with no difficulty in closing the trunk lid.

I've yet to adjust the tire inflation since we got our unit from the dealership; I reckon it was at least 40psi. Nevertheless, my wife claims she couldn't help but fall asleep every time we drive since it feels like being in a hammock. Best part is, I managed to achieve a consumption of 4.086L/100 kms or 57.276 mpg during one weekday drive. We'll be bringing the G4 out on a country drive soon, to test its long-range capability on a single tank of gas.

Washing the car is easier now, compared to when I was driving a light truck-based MPV for the past decade.

And did I mention that it looks very handsome up close? It's not the most photogenic car around, so pictures don't do it justice. Sometimes I still catch myself staring at it, long after I've parked it at home.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; 03-04-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    NOW am REALLY ABSOLUTELY jealous of you guys ....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)