Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mirage A Pillar Instrument Pod!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    We are comparing apples to oranges here. The Mirage is different and I don't believe that it would be a problem to place a gauge cluster on the A-Pillar. Well I now have almost 16K miles on my Mirage. I had it serviced yesterday at White Bear and then went to Des Moines to get some Krispy Kreme donuts. I drove about 700 miles yesterday.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    You must really like the Krispy Kreme donuts from Des Moines! You just bought your new Mirage about a month ago (4/18/2020), & you already have almost 16,000 miles on it?

At that rate, you'll reached Steve's 300,000 mile "Cheap Plastic" Mirage in about 19 months!

300,000 miles / 16,000 mi/month = 18.75 months

I guess we can say your new Mirage is broken in already!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . I do like them. I first ate them 40 years ago in Tulsa. I went to LV last week. I drove 4500 miles in 3.5 days. Oh, yes it is broken in. I am averaging 40 mpg and I don't use any oil between changes. With the factory 0-20 in it it used 1/4 quart in 6K miles. With the 5-50 Castroil Syntec it used zero oil in 7.5K miles. I am glad that I have the unlimited lifetime bumper to bumper warranty on it. I am having a blast. I just wish that I would get my CARES payment. It came out in early April and I have now had two pay days and still haven't received it. Time to contact my Senator again.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Anyone else interested in a-pillar gauge pods?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Jhelinski,
    . . . . The air bag is not in the A-pillar. It is in the headliner above the doors. The A-pillar trim comes off when the bag deploys but it is restrained by a strap. Ask me how I know about this.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Well, not correct. The 14-15s do not go in A-pillar. They were rated poor for small overlap crash test and upgraded to marginal in 17+ because Mitsubishi increased the roof airbag length about 2/3s down the a-pillar for more coverage in that type of crash. So yes, there would be a risk if it went off.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Alex,
    . . . . Hum! I am going to have to take a look! My 2019 Mirage ES Hatch did not have the Side Curtain Airbag in the A-Pillar. All of it was in the roof above the doors. What year and model is your car?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanic View Post
    alex,
    . . . . Hum! I am going to have to take a look! My 2019 mirage es hatch did not have the side curtain airbag in the a-pillar. All of it was in the roof above the doors. What year and model is your car?
    God bless and thanks,
    rich!
    17 se......

It's all in IIHS site under small overlap too.
    https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle...hatchback/2020
    (blank signature)

Quote Originally Posted by alex1a1f View Post
    well, not correct. The 14-15s do not go in a-pillar. They were rated poor for small overlap crash test and upgraded to marginal in 17+ because mitsubishi increased the roof airbag length about 2/3s down the a-pillar for more coverage in that type of crash. So yes, there would be a risk if it went off.
    fake news lol
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Here’s a 17’ es plus Attachment 18285 Sorry for the sideways pic, I took it while I was crashing into a fence or something
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fummins,
    . . . . Is that the A-Pillar? It is hard to tell. What year and Model?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Here’s a 17’ es plus Attachment 18285 Sorry for the sideways pic, I took it while I was crashing into a fence or something
    Just like I said

(blank signature)