Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirageo :: 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mirageo
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Starlight Silver
    5-speed MT

Great little Rally/eco car...Can fit 2 in a parking spot!

Comments: 19 / Views: 17018
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'm sure your dealer can give you some advice as to what modifications would be okay with them.

This is interesting. Do you mean putting a bedliner coating over the entire car, including exterior painted areas? I'm not sure I understand why you would want to do that.
    Yeah, bed lining the car as an exterior paint to protect against rust and dings...saw a guy paint his dodge pickup in it...it's chemical, ding, and corrosion resistant...you can have a shop do it (which is hecka expensive) or DIY (which cost around $200+ for all items) prep work is key to painting...might bedliner my next car, not this one.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Yeah, bed lining the car as an exterior paint to protect against rust and dings...saw a guy paint his dodge pickup in it...it's chemical, ding, and corrosion resistant...you can have a shop do it (which is hecka expensive) or DIY (which cost around $200+ for all items) prep work is key to painting...might bedliner my next car, not this one.
    I might have mentioned this before MirageRally, look into Krown brand rust control. That's what I do and my 6 or 7 year old Mirage has no rust underneath or anywhere. I drive every day of the year so it should have rust by now but doesn't.

You don't see the krown product and it seeps everywhere so your electrical is lubed up and kept in tip top shape. Believe me, I have seen some crazy cars kept looking new at the Krown garage.

One word to say, when you get the rust spray applied the first time your car will smoke a bit on the way home lol that is normal. They will tell you this.

Also it's a little expensive but it's worth it. https://www.krown.com/en/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    ...look into Krown brand rust control.
    Krown is one of the best products that nobody (in the US) seems to be aware of. My Krown dealer is in Versailles, Ohio. He has had customers from 9 states - Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee, New York, and West Virginia.

I have my Mirage treated regularly and it doesn't look anything like some of the rust photos I've seen on this forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I might have mentioned this before MirageRally, look into Krown brand rust control. That's what I do and my 6 or 7 year old Mirage has no rust underneath or anywhere. I drive every day of the year so it should have rust by now but doesn't.

You don't see the krown product and it seeps everywhere so your electrical is lubed up and kept in tip top shape. Believe me, I have seen some crazy cars kept looking new at the Krown garage.

One word to say, when you get the rust spray applied the first time your car will smoke a bit on the way home lol that is normal. They will tell you this.

Also it's a little expensive but it's worth it. https://www.krown.com/en/
    Yeah, l contacted them before the Government shutdown, in 2 weeks l'll contact them again. There's one Krown shop in Painesville-l'll be heading there soon...l just think bedliner gives the car a more "armored" appearance...plus it defends against scratches or keying, since Krown prevents from just rust...lf l wanted to be overkill l'd do both, lol. Thanks Dspace9, as soon as they re-open l'll make an appointment

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-16-2020)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Just uploaded all new pictures for my garage
    I like the look of the chrome removed on the bottom.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hey MirageRally, any plans to install a rear sway bar?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey MirageRally, any plans to install a rear sway bar?
    Maybe, I plan on painting the chrome to match the flat black of the front lower bumper and would probably add a sway bar. You might think I'm crazy but sometimes I like the crazy body roll...also ln the next 2-3 years after getting my degree I plan to move to a different country...maybe England... And have a couple other countries on my list... Have a friend who left the US and went to another country...didn't like it...and came back... Reason l say England is they speak the same language so it wouldn't be too bad lol...but housing and rent is expensive over there... But like New York in some places where they walk a lot and bike places... If I could trade in my car for a bike to ride to work everyday I would but the opportunity cost would be it would take 9hrs for me to bike to work... Don't want to pour too much money if I plan to move later on.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-20-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Maybe, I plan on painting the chrome to match the flat black of the front lower bumper and would probably add a sway bar. You might think I'm crazy but sometimes I like the crazy body roll...also ln the next 2-3 years after getting my degree I plan to move to a different country...maybe England... And have a couple other countries on my list... Have a friend who left the US and went to another country...didn't like it...and came back... Reason l say England is they speak the same language so it wouldn't be too bad lol...but housing and rent is expensive over there... But like New York in some places where they walk a lot and bike places... If I could trade in my car for a bike to ride to work everyday I would but the opportunity cost would be it would take 9hrs for me to bike to work... Don't want to pour too much money if I plan to move later on.
    Wow that’s a lot of ground you just covered there!

Everybody should live overseas to see how others live. I applaud your thoughts there and hope that you are able to make it happen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-20-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    That's a handsome car

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 18slcmirage For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-21-2020)