Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Toyota Fanboys: New cars vs Old cars Toyota reliability

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I agree. The base level Mazda3 appears to be a good value. I am not a fan of sedans, but it looks like a nice car for the money. @155 hp, you are doubling your horsepower. 6-speed manual should keep the rpm down on the highway.

I would take advantage of the fact that you have a base level CX-30 option there, too. I would test drive both. They have a base model CX-30 with a FWD 6-speed manual option or AWD auto. If I lived in Canada, I wouldn't rule out AWD.

Personally, I would consider buying a nice CX-30 AWD & keep my Mirage as my daily beater car. It would extend the life of the new vehicle. When conditions are bad, you have that AWD vehicle you can depend on. Maybe it's flat were you live. I rely on AWD to get home where I live some days. Just sharing, not telling anyone else what to do.

I would like you to test drive a CX-30 & tell me what you think, however!
    I wouldn't mind seeing what my money could buy, and it doesn't hurt to take a test drive.

Normally I would yes about test-driving a CX-3, but this is already more of a hassle than it should be. I have had 2 station wagons in a row, so I actually want to own a sedan for once.

Price is driving me 100%... not sure anything besides a Chevy Spark is at this price range, from my searches. Thanks for your help!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    True about the automatic, but l like a "dual-purpose" hybrid shifting auto transmission...plus if the auto is designed well it should last as long as the manual...but probably not lol. Really wish my Mirage came with no ac...but l will just pull the fuse then
    I think manual is tried, tested and true for reliability. Automatics are always more of a question mark since they are so complicated.

I'm going to test-drive the brand-new 2019 Mazda3 GX 6-speed on Thursday, at 1 pm. At the Mazda dealer. The sales lady is saying no hassle pricing, $16,700 plus tax.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think manual is tried, tested and true for reliability. Automatics are always more of a question mark since they are so complicated.

I'm going to test-drive the brand-new 2019 Mazda3 GX 6-speed on Thursday, at 1 pm. At the Mazda dealer. The sales lady is saying no hassle pricing, $16,700 plus tax.
    That's a pretty good price if you can get them to hold to it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-10-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    That's a pretty good price if you can get them to hold to it!
    Thanks inuvik! Cross my fingers, and wish me luck. I always feel like dealerships pull a fast one on you somehow. Usually they wait with it, and then spring it on you.

I really like this particular Mazda3. Price is great for the car. One of the last bare-bones new Mazda's you can get. Doesn't have the emergency braking etc. and other stuff I don't want.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

That looks like it could be a good deal. The cheapest 2019 Mazda 3 I could find in Canada on Kijiji under $19,000 were used with around 4-6000kms, one having hail damage, the other a demo unit.

Keep us posted, wonder if they'll pull a bait and switch or just tack on a ton of extra fees raising the price to over 20,00? Or is that price based on trading in your Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That looks like it could be a good deal. The cheapest 2019 Mazda 3 I could find in Canada on Kijiji under $19,000 were used with around 4-6000kms, one having hail damage, the other a demo unit.

Keep us posted, wonder if they'll pull a bait and switch or just tack on a ton of extra fees raising the price to over 20,00? Or is that price based on trading in your Mirage?
    $16,787 on Auto Trader. I have been e-mailing one of the sales people there and she said it's "no hassle pricing" dealership. So the price does sound at least 20% cheaper than any other new Mazda 3, and at times way more.

I will keep you all posted for sure. Going for the masked test drive this Thursday at 1 pm, I'm on holidays all week anyway.

Would be nice to have a bigger car in the wintertime, and generally an upgrade from my Mirage. I have not mentioned my Mirage as a trade-in at all. I drive a Lambo as far as she knows lol.