Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Toyota Fanboys: New cars vs Old cars Toyota reliability

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Honestly I wonder what the legwork would be to import a used Micra into the states from Canada. Used Micras are cheap, and a lot of them seem to have low km's. I have considered getting a base Micra used car... sort of a 2nd car now that my Mirage is almost paid off. Seems like a lot of car for $6000...
    I cross shopped the Micra (And Fit and Versa) when I bought mine back in 2015, and the Micra was defiantly more fun to drive than the Mirage, but it's interior was awful compared to the Mirage IMHO.

    The gas mileage was also significantly worse than the Mirage, plus Nissan's warranty is kind of a joke compared to Mitsu's.


    Last edited by javensbukan; 05-15-2020 at 04:30 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to javensbukan For This Useful Post:

    MirageRally (05-15-2020)

  3. #22
    Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Seattle
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    792
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 192 Times in 150 Posts
    Post 2010 Toyotas have electrical problems. Lots of recalls you can use for debate. The new Supra is 90% BMW with BMW powertrain, brakes, electrics, etc. GT86 has a boxer engine so you have to replace headgaskets around 100k.

    Fanboys are always bad. I tell them that Aikido Toyoda said Toyota focused more on financial growth than safety. They would get angry and say its not true then I'd show them this. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...er-safety.html

    Not sure why someone would defend a corporation so much they're basically doing PR for them.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

    MirageRally (05-15-2020)

  5. #23
    Cornwallis Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pyongyang
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    4,293
    Thanks
    1,686
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,322 Posts
    I'm not brand loyal to anyone. Anymore. Used to prefer GM and Dodge over Ford. Now everything seems to be just as equally crappy to me. Everything will have problems. The better you take care and maintain something the longer it'll last regardless of what label is on it. There are always gonna be exceptions and the odd turd pail or 10 built.

    I hate vehicles that are a pita to work on. Having to disassemble a car to change oil or even a headlight bulb is stupid. I'm pretty sure I am gonna hate the wife's Sorento once it's warranty is up.
    My mom says I'm cool

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    2of9 (06-16-2020),MetroMPG (06-17-2020),MirageRally (05-15-2020)

  7. #24
    Nickname: "Rally" MirageRally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mentor, OH
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Post 2010 Toyotas have electrical problems. Lots of recalls you can use for debate. The new Supra is 90% BMW with BMW powertrain, brakes, electrics, etc. GT86 has a boxer engine so you have to replace headgaskets around 100k.

    Fanboys are always bad. I tell them that Aikido Toyoda said Toyota focused more on financial growth than safety. They would get angry and say its not true then I'd show them this. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...er-safety.html

    Not sure why someone would defend a corporation so much they're basically doing PR for them.
    What do you think about 2012-16 Scion tc vs 2012-15 Kia forte Koupe?

  8. #25
    Senior Member dspace9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanks
    1,066
    Thanked 316 Times in 262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    What do you think about 2012-16 Scion tc vs 2012-15 Kia forte Koupe?
    Sorry to pipe in randomly there Mirage Rally. Just my friend I have lunch with every day at work used to have a Scion Tc. He doesn't have it now, I think his ex smashed it up. He loved the car, automatic but he loved the car.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.8 mpg (US) ... 17.8 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.2 mpg (Imp)


  9. #26
    Nickname: "Rally" MirageRally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mentor, OH
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Post 2010 Toyotas have electrical problems. Lots of recalls you can use for debate. The new Supra is 90% BMW with BMW powertrain, brakes, electrics, etc. GT86 has a boxer engine so you have to replace headgaskets around 100k.

    Fanboys are always bad. I tell them that Aikido Toyoda said Toyota focused more on financial growth than safety. They would get angry and say its not true then I'd show them this. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...er-safety.html

    Not sure why someone would defend a corporation so much they're basically doing PR for them.
    What do you think about 2012-16 Scion tc vs 2012-15 Kia forte Koupe? I'm thinking of getting a second car and not sure which one to look at, l know Kia had massive engine recalls and the Scion TC's had oil consumption issues, but still not sure which one...

  10. #27
    Nickname: "Rally" MirageRally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mentor, OH
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Sorry to pipe in randomly there Mirage Rally. Just my friend I have lunch with every day at work used to have a Scion Tc. He doesn't have it now, I think his ex smashed it up. He loved the car, automatic but he loved the car.
    Yeah, l know they are easy to work on, but they are soo expensive, plus i'm trying to find a coupe that is automatic and has paddle shifters...l don't think the Scion has them, if l could find one with low miles under $9,000 l'd jump at it, but most of the ones l wanted were $15,000+ they're resale values are good...thanks for the input. Both cars have great aftermarket parts...l need to test drive a tC to compare against the forte. The Kia forte Koup l drove had paddle shifters and it was awesome to drive...l liked that l could shift while steering but l waited too long and it sold...either car l get l'm taking to my mechanic to look over before l do anything. l don't want to get a car then have a avalanche of problems.

  11. #28
    Senior Member dspace9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanks
    1,066
    Thanked 316 Times in 262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    l don't want to get a car then have a avalanche of problems.
    They are like an old Toyota Paseo. A subcompact car, but more sporty with 2 doors.. like the old Escort GTs kinda too... good on gas and fairly simple design.

    I haven't read up on the specs of the tC and the koup. I'm sure they are a blast to drive. I don't see them around my area of Canada very often.

    I wonder if they have good legroom? I'm 6'1 and I'm getting tired of the lack of legroom in my Mirage. I dont mean to change the subject but I know new Mustangs have a TON of legroom, from sitting in a few new (and old) Mustangs at the local Ford dealer.

    My old '85 rabbit cabrio had a lot of legroom, but no power steering and manual everything.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.8 mpg (US) ... 17.8 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.2 mpg (Imp)


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

    MirageRally (05-15-2020)

  13. #29
    Nickname: "Rally" MirageRally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mentor, OH
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    They are like an old Toyota Paseo. A subcompact car, but more sporty with 2 doors.. like the old Escort GTs kinda too... good on gas and fairly simple design.

    I haven't read up on the specs of the tC and the koup. I'm sure they are a blast to drive. I don't see them around my area of Canada very often.

    I wonder if they have good legroom? I'm 6'1 and I'm getting tired of the lack of legroom in my Mirage. I dont mean to change the subject but I know new Mustangs have a TON of legroom, from sitting in a few new (and old) Mustangs at the local Ford dealer.

    My old '85 rabbit cabrio had a lot of legroom, but no power steering and manual everything.
    Thankfully l'm 5"3 and l'm small enough to fit...l don't know why but l always see mustang memes of mustangs drifting into crowds at meets...l'm sure that would happen with any high horsepower car. l would be afraid to drive the Dodge Demon...808HP...l would probably wrap myself around the tree Also what mpg are you getting in the city? l get 26mpg bc of all these stop signs...l'm sure l could easily beat the EPA mpg on the highway.

  14. #30
    Senior Member dspace9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanks
    1,066
    Thanked 316 Times in 262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Thankfully l'm 5"3 and l'm small enough to fit...l don't know why but l always see mustang memes of mustangs drifting into crowds at meets...l'm sure that would happen with any high horsepower car. l would be afraid to drive the Dodge Demon...808HP...l would probably wrap myself around the tree Also what mpg are you getting in the city? l get 26mpg bc of all these stop signs...l'm sure l could easily beat the EPA mpg on the highway.
    I like that the Demon comes with 2 keyfobs: the one with 808 HP, and the one with 400 HP for the beginner drivers. I saw under the hood of the Hellcat at the Detroit auto show back in 2016,the engine takes up a lot of room under the hood.

    I always liked the Challenger the most out of the new muscle cars. Plum purple and all the wild colours and good looks overall. The new and the old Challengers really do look super similar, I have seen this with my own eyes.

    My Mirage gets around 40 or more MPG overall, and sometimes close to 50, and in stop go urban traffic it will drop to low 30s, but then I really only check my fuel economy while cruising the highway or backroads.


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.8 mpg (US) ... 17.8 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.2 mpg (Imp)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •