Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Fanboys: New cars vs Old cars Toyota reliability

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I like that the Demon comes with 2 keyfobs: the one with 808 HP, and the one with 400 HP for the beginner drivers. I saw under the hood of the Hellcat at the Detroit auto show back in 2016,the engine takes up a lot of room under the hood.

I always liked the Challenger the most out of the new muscle cars. Plum purple and all the wild colours and good looks overall. The new and the old Challengers really do look super similar, I have seen this with my own eyes.

My Mirage gets around 40 or more MPG overall, and sometimes close to 50, and in stop go urban traffic it will drop to low 30s, but then I really only check my fuel economy while cruising the highway or backroads.
    l love the supercharger whine from the 6.2L V8 hemi....such an intoxicating sound.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    l don't like beating a dead horse but have you met any brand snobs and almost gotten into physical altercations for it? Ex: My Co-worker Toyota-snob was annoying me at work and the next day l wore my Mitsubishi Hoodie...he then starts freaking out how l better take it off, to stop buying crappy cars and get a Toyota before l get punched...people need to calm down man, it's just a car...A to B transportation....lf my Mirage doesn't last me more than 5 years, sure-l'll buy a Scion/Toyota TC used...then after that l'd probably buy a Kia Rio Has anyone had serious problems dealing with brand snobs...if he keeps this up l'm going to HR...or move to another department...l tried ignoring him, but he keeps talking to me every chance he gets.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    l don't like beating a dead horse but have you met any brand snobs and almost gotten into physical altercations for it? Ex: My Co-worker Toyota-snob was annoying me at work and the next day l wore my Mitsubishi Hoodie...he then starts freaking out how l better take it off, to stop buying crappy cars and get a Toyota before l get punched...people need to calm down man, it's just a car...A to B transportation....lf my Mirage doesn't last me more than 5 years, sure-l'll buy a Scion/Toyota TC used...then after that l'd probably buy a Kia Rio Has anyone had serious problems dealing with brand snobs...if he keeps this up l'm going to HR...or move to another department...l tried ignoring him, but he keeps talking to me every chance he gets.
    Dude sounds like he needs to get a life. I'd tell him to please stop harassing you and leave you alone about it or you will go to HR. If he doesn't stop, go to HR. Can't say he wasn't warned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (06-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Sounds pretty immature to me!

I would thank him for the great advice & move on.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-15-2020),MirageRally (06-15-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    l don't like beating a dead horse but have you met any brand snobs and almost gotten into physical altercations for it? Ex: My Co-worker Toyota-snob was annoying me at work and the next day l wore my Mitsubishi Hoodie...he then starts freaking out
    No, in the old days though if you worked at Ford and drove into work in a Honda, your Honda would get vandalized. Not sure if that is true. Your co-worker sounds like they have issues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (06-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, if he persists l will go to HR...l get it, he wants me to buy a reliable car that l won't have to repair...guess what...all cars break eventually and being a DIY mechanic, you can make any car last as long as you need it to....l feel bad for him, he'll never get to experience any other cars that could change his mind, Oh well....he's 49 years old but l'll tell you he acts like he's 90...or 12...l'm only 24 and l hope l don't grow up to be like that....some people just need to be avoided. Like Dspace9 said that the more gizmos a car has-the more stuff breaks...absolutely true...l still like Kia after all the engine recalls but maybe next car l will buy a Scion TC....l won't buy all Kia nor would l berate a Nissan owner if his CVT trans failed...no, l would help him repair it if l could and if not, let him make his own decision on which car he wants

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-15-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I even read it in Consumer Reports, that the Mirage has above-average reliability. By keeping it simple.

Toyota's are good quality no denying it.. but they've had their recalls too. Look at those Lexus' that run so quiet, old people suffocate in their homes from cars left on by accident.

And everything breaks. That's why I Krown rust-controlled my 2014 Mirage since brand new, and now still looks new, and drives perfect. Try to preserve my Mirage this way, even though the stuff stinks.

Anyway, also does their Toyota get 4.3 L/ 100 km's fuel economy, (55 mpgs) @ 50 miles an hour? I doubt it..

*Edit sorry my friend has had a 2015 Civic manual, and now a 2018 Civic auto, and he gets max 5.9 to 6.5 L / 100 km's. Good, not great fuel economy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (06-15-2020)

Do you happen to work with Scotty Kilmer?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (06-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Do you happen to work with Scotty Kilmer?
    Haha, no-but he acts like it...he told a friend to buy a Toyota Prius with 150,000 miles on it and said "it'll never break". lt blew my mind...l know at a certain interval the battery packs need to be replaced as well as any hybrid systems....he should leave my work and go do PR for Toyota. Like Scotty kilmer who says "buy a Toyota, they never break" then in another video he says "well that Toyota has a lot of miles on it and it should be sold rather than repaired...he contradicts himself as well as my Co-worker...he also loves Ford....and Says to buy their products...ugh this guy...l'm going to wear my earbuds to work so l won't have to listen to him...l feel like l've aged 10 years just talking to him LOL...he has the "l'm right, you're wrong" mentality as well as being incredibly stubborn and condescending.

They can be reliable, I won't deny that. It's your money. Sounds like the guy has issues and should work in a junkyard. I worked with enough weirdo's and crack heads for my liking. Got in a fight with one of them twice. Both times in front of customers..... I broke his nose the first time. Second time he sucker punched me and I think mine broke lol Good times. He got fired the after round two. Other guys tipp towed around the guy trying not to piss him off....

With that said, one of my uncles posted on facecrack over the weekend that his Tacoma now has 930,000kms(577,000miles) on it and still going.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-15-2020)